Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #16
kso
Enthusiast
kso began at the beginning.

Device: Android, iPad, iPod, kindle {keyboard,fire7,hdx8.9} kobo, Sony PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I hate to confess this, but I also tell my clients to NEVER send me passwords, login details, etc., in email, and if they MUST, to attach it in an email. It's not secure. Is it "better" to send it in an attachment? Not really, but at least I keep them from blasting it all across the globe in the body of the email. {shrug}.

Hitch
In our case it could have been sent by registered snail mail, or they could provide a TLS secured web interface where clients record their details after having received credentials again by registered (certified) snail mail. The whole thing has been going on for more than half a year already anyway. I know that PGP and similar solutions aren't ready for people who don't know how to at least check a mail header before replying to some dubious offer blindly.

Aah well ...

klaus
kso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kso View Post
In our case it could have been sent by registered snail mail, or they could provide a TLS secured web interface where clients record their details after having received credentials again by registered (certified) snail mail. The whole thing has been going on for more than half a year already anyway. I know that PGP and similar solutions aren't ready for people who don't know how to at least check a mail header before replying to some dubious offer blindly.

Aah well ...

klaus
Oh, god, NO, I could not deal with SnailMail. I mean, kill me now. I already have enough trouble getting rid of them.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert