Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #31
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
I dunno Monkey, it looks like you're being held to a higher standard!

Thanks, as always
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #32
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
As always, I'm interested in a **really small** no-contract Android smartphone with a decent screen (doesn't have to be the latest/greatest, but decent), not too ancient version of Android OS, at least 5 GB or so of memory (Kindle app can be a memory hog), and an external memory slot taking at least 32GB memory card.

I'm looking to replace my beloved Samsung Galaxy 3.6" Players, both of which bit the dust a while back. I loved their slimness and small footprint and carried them everywhere as a backup reader/music player so my "real" phone could be a phone.

I tried one of the few 2.4" models out there, and that was too small, even for me, but I'd love something in the 3.5" to 4.5" range. Right now I'm using an LG Volt and a Moto E, both from previous Black Friday threads (thank you, Monkey!), and like both of those a lot, except for the size. Unfortunately it appears there aren't many other folks who want something smaller - most phones seem to be going bigger, rather than smaller...sigh!

Hopefully something reasonably priced, but doesn't have to be dirt-cheap.

And, while I'm at it, I'd like a bridge across the Thames... But fingers crossed...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #33
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I am looking for a deal for Amazon's Kindle Unlimited.

I cannot stomach paying $9.99 per month (or whatever their normal charge is). However, on or about the last Amazon Prime Day they had a special for 3 months of Kindle Unlimited for 99 cents. I have found a few good books on Kindle Unlimited, but not enough to justify their normal price, especially given my slower than normal reading speed. But 33 cents per month is something I will pay willingly - that gets me maybe two books per month (my normal reading speed), with choice enough to keep me happy.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #34
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I would like to buy this year's $10 no contract smart phone.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
As always, I'm interested in a **really small** no-contract Android smartphone with a decent screen (doesn't have to be the latest/greatest, but decent), not too ancient version of Android OS, at least 5 GB or so of memory (Kindle app can be a memory hog), and an external memory slot taking at least 32GB memory card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I am looking for a deal for Amazon's Kindle Unlimited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I would like to buy this year's $10 no contract smart phone.
Done, done, and done
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2018, 12:08 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From largest US retailer to possible bankruptcy, Sears lines up emergency financing for potential filing

There's a chance we may be scratching Sears and Kmart off our holiday shopping lists this year. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Quote:
Sears is fighting for its life. Sears was the Amazon of the 1930s. Here's where the retailer is today.
Quote:
Sears Holdings has contacted banks in recent days to arrange the financing necessary to file for bankruptcy after 125 years in business, people familiar with the situation told CNBC.

The stock plummeted 32 percent, to 40 cents a share, in Wednesday's premarket trading after the report.

The so-called "debtor-in-possession" loan, which companies need to have enough liquidity to keep running the business during bankruptcy, is the clearest sign yet that the department store chain may finally file after years of losses. Sears has a $134 million debt payment due Monday that it previously said it may not be able to cover.

A bankruptcy filing is not yet definite and still could be averted. Sears' CEO, Eddie Lampert, has kept the company afloat through financial maneuvering and pouring his own money into the company. He may again choose to do so.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #37
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Looking for a replacement for my Moto G4+
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #38
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I want the Nintendo Classic game console and a wireless controller for it. The console is usually $60 and the wireless controller $25. Probably won't go on sale, but I can dream.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #39
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For the past few years, Dollar General has sold in its stores (on Thanksgiving only) two similar items for $28.99 each.

The first is a replica of the original Atari game, with about 100 games included.

The second is the same thing of a competing brand. Could it be Genesis?

If either of these is on sale online, please let me know!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #40
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm guessing you mean the Atari Flashback 8 (current version of the Atari Flashback). The standard one has 105 games and two wired joysticks. There is also a deluxe version that also includes two paddle controllers. They also make "gold" editions of the standard and deluxe that have 120 games instead of 105 and wireless controllers and the option to pause, save and rewind games. Also there is a gold Activision edition with 130 games (not the same as the regular gold +10, some other games are different), wireless joysticks and HDMI. There is a Flashback 9 coming out November 1st IIRC. The same company ATGames does a similar Sega device with like 80 or 90 games. IIRC OfficeDepot/Max has also had some BF deals on these...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #41
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks AO!
Old 10-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Stores Closed On Thanksgiving Day 2018

Quote:
List Updated at 8:46 AM EST October 11, 2018 – 71 Total Stores

With Black Friday and Thanksgiving foot traffic slowly decreasing and online sales booming, many stores find it unnecessary to open their doors on Turkey Day. Thanksgiving Day is on Thursday, November 22, 2018, this year, and nearly 100 well-known national and regional retailers will be closed. Some stores will also be closed on Black Friday 2018, but that list has remained stable in recent years.

Here is the official list of stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving Day in 2018. BestBlackFriday.com personally confirmed the closed status with a representative or PR contact from each of these retailers, and the list will be updated daily as more stores make their decision. Also see our expected Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day 2018 list.
Stores Closed on Thanksgiving Day 2018 List
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    A.C. Moore
    Abt Electronics
    Academy Sports + Outdoors
    Ace Hardware
    Acme Tools
    Allen Edmonds
    American Girl
    At Home
    AT&T (Company-Owned Stores)
    Barnes & Noble
    Big 5 Sporting Goods
    BJ’s Wholesale Club
    Blain’s Farm & Fleet
    Bob’s Discount Furniture
    Burlington
    Christopher & Banks
    Cost Plus World Market
    Costco
    Craft Warehouse
    Crate and Barrel
    Dillard’s
    dressbarn (majority of stores)
    El Dorado Furniture
    Fleet Farm
    Gardner-White Furniture
    Guitar Center
    H&M
    Half Price Books
    Harbor Freight Tools
    Hobby Lobby
    Home Depot
    HomeGoods
    Homesense
    IKEA
    JOANN Stores
    Lamps Plus
    Lowe’s
    Marshalls
    Mattress Firm
    Menards
    Micro Center
    Music & Arts
    Nebraska Furniture Mart
    Nordstrom
    Nordstrom Rack
    Office Depot & OfficeMax
    P.C. Richard & Son
    Patagonia
    Pep Boys
    Petco
    PetSmart
    Pier 1 Imports
    Publix
    Raymour & Flanigan Furniture | Mattresses
    REI
    Sam’s Club
    Sierra Trading Post
    Sportsman’s Warehouse
    Sprint (Retail Stores Closed Unless Mall Dictates Otherwise; Mall Kiosks May Open)
    Staples
    Stein Mart
    Sur La Table
    The Container Store
    The Original Mattress Factory
    The Paper Store
    TJ Maxx
    Tractor Supply Co.
    Trader Joe’s
    Trollbeads
    Von Maur
    West Marine
Old 10-13-2018, 11:53 PM   #43
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

The Wirecutter is a website which is a combination of Consumer Reports and The Camels. They spot items (of many different categories) which they consider to be particularly good values.

I subscribed to their daily email this week, and have found it very interesting.

https://thewirecutter.com/

Last edited by GA Russell; 10-14-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #44
FastFingers
FastFingers began at the beginning.

Device: C67ML Carta 2
November 11 is singles day. For some e-readers (usually android 4 or 6 based) and cellphones (Xiaomi) that's when you buy on Chinese websites like AliExpress or Banggood (seriously that's the name). Hoping the Likebook Mars comes on sale.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
FastFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:49 AM   #45
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I want the Nintendo Classic game console and a wireless controller for it. The console is usually $60 and the wireless controller $25. Probably won't go on sale, but I can dream.
Are you technical? Or know somebody who is? You can build your own, easily and cheaply (cheaper than buying the NES console), using a Raspberry Pi. And it's more powerful than the NEW Console, and plays other brands of games too (not just Nintendo).

Google "RetroPie".

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/diy-nes-classic/
https://retropie.org.uk/
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote