Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
three quick questions

1. How can I add books to Calibre and have the author field show exactly as it is in the file metadata? I have about 1000 .mobi files I converted last year to upload to my Kindle account, but some were formatted FN LN and others LN, FN and I wanted to re-edit them to all the same style. Also, does having a space between the "," and the LN (FN, LN) make a difference? I have a couple that don't have that extra space and importing them shows the comma.

2. Is there a way of changing the author sort to change the ampersands to semicolons, but leave the ampersands in the author field?

3. How can I stop Calibre from using the code format for icon rules? I want to go back to seeing them as I entered without the code.

Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
1) The quality check PI can detect Author initials that don't match the QC configuration. QC FIX, Format Initials will bring the selected into compliance.
QC Fix : Swap will flip the selected from comma to Fn Ln (or the reverse)

& is a visual separator in the MDE. The actual Authors are stored individually
write your own if the default fails
ID: authors_split_regex
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
1) The quality check PI can detect Author initials that don't match the QC configuration. QC FIX, Format Initials will bring the selected into compliance.
QC Fix : Swap will flip the selected from comma to Fn Ln (or the reverse)

& is a visual separator in the MDE. The actual Authors are stored individually
write your own if the default fails
ID: authors_split_regex
I'm not sure if QC will work since it doesn't matter how the author is listed in the book file but always shows up FN LN in the author field upon import.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I'm not sure if QC will work since it doesn't matter how the author is listed in the book file but always shows up FN LN in the author field upon import.
QC works on the LIBRARY metadata. If it is the wrong way, fix it! You can do batches of the same type error.
Fix name order
Fix initial format

The MDE (bulk mode) can fix case, or sort (would be Red in the single)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:04 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2. no

3. simply copy paste the code into notepad or similar
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote