Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #2611
jstm
jstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle paperwhite 2014, IPAD, IPAD Mini, Iphone 6
Hello

PW2 Updated to 5.8.11, jailbreak seems ok, reinstalled Python and Screensaver Hack, "Las page" mode working OK and "Cover Mode" now working OK after several books reopen and restarts

Thanks

Last edited by jstm; 10-12-2017 at 03:55 PM.
jstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #2612
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstm View Post
Hello

PW2 Updated to 5.8.11, jailbreak seems ok, reinstalled Python and Screensaver Hack, "Las page" mode working OK and "Cover Mode" now working OK after several books reopen and restarts

Thanks
In other words, just about what one would expect after any Amazon update.
Thanks for the report.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #2613
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Lepricon: can you still push DO_FACTORY_RESET to user storage and get to registration screen? Then choose a different country/language to avoid loading the bad jar file, perhaps.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #2614
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Lepricon: can you still push DO_FACTORY_RESET to user storage and get to registration screen? Then choose a different country/language to avoid loading the bad jar file, perhaps.
Nice thought.
But Amazon loads all *.jar files on start-up, not just those it actual requires.
(Which is one of the reasons that picking a language does not force an immediate restart.)
Old 10-14-2017, 10:42 AM   #2615
Lepricon
Nameless Being

Quote:

Yeah, thought about it too. And felt sorry that haven't done it first time, when I was able to.
I cannot push any files to user storage because it is unmounted. 0 bytes. No media state.
When I pushed DO_FACTORY_RESET first time, kindle restarted and asked me language. I choose language with edited jar file.
Didn't know that kindle loads all jar files though. So no need to feel sorry about language choice
So I screwed up completely. Mostly because I have script to copy that damn jar file. I did it automatically when reinstalled all my extensions.
I already tried to connect thru serial. Without success. Need more tight connection. Tried it without soldering. Now I wait for conductive paint and 1.8v cable. I have 3.3v cable.

Last edited by Lepricon; 10-14-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #2616
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nice thought.
But Amazon loads all *.jar files on start-up, not just those it actual requires.
(Which is one of the reasons that picking a language does not force an immediate restart.)
Odd. I messed up editing a jar once and caused either a boot loop or "your kindle needs repair" message, I don't remember which. DO_FACTORY_RESET then selecting a different language allowed me to get into the home screen. Of course that was a few bytes, not an entirely different jar.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #2617
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Odd. I messed up editing a jar once and caused either a boot loop or "your kindle needs repair" message, I don't remember which. DO_FACTORY_RESET then selecting a different language allowed me to get into the home screen. Of course that was a few bytes, not an entirely different jar.
Keep in mind that every build of the Java part of the Kindle system uses different (obfuscated) entry point names.

Editing a jar file (without changing the external interface names) will at worst case CVM to error out when those changes are required for execution (or error while trying to initialize).

The identical *.java source file, will have different external and entry point names on each build. No way is it going to just happen to work.
To get a 5.8.10 binary out of the build system and to get a 5.8.11 binary out of the build system requires at least two builds (and thus two sets of names).
Old 11-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #2618
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I am assuming that this will not work on the KOA2 yet... is that correct?
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #2619
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
I am assuming that this will not work on the KOA2 yet... is that correct?
Nothing on this site is tested and packaged for the KOA2.
Nothing
And KUAL on 5.9.2 is broken, so even if you had something, you couldn't launch (run) it.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #2620
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Nothing on this site is tested and packaged for the KOA2.
Nothing
And KUAL on 5.9.2 is broken, so even if you had something, you couldn't launch (run) it.
Got it... I will go read a book...
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #2621
hivar
hivar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Hi there,

i cannot make the screen saver work in 5.8.10. PW2. First i thought that my jailbreak has broken, but in KUAL helper+ prevent screen saver is working. Any ideas how to test it more?
hivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:35 PM   #2622
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivar View Post
Hi there,

i cannot make the screen saver work in 5.8.10. PW2. First i thought that my jailbreak has broken, but in KUAL helper+ prevent screen saver is working. Any ideas how to test it more?
You have to reapply the jb

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:08 PM   #2623
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivar View Post
Hi there,

Maybe use the test package attached to the jail break thread?
Duh....

I thought owners of e-book readers would be able to read.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #2624
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Maybe use the test package attached to the jail break thread?
Duh....

I thought owners of e-book readers would be able to read.
Aerosmith.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #2625
hivar
hivar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
You have to reapply the jb

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok i tested it with dummy and my jb seems ok.

edit: I finally get it to work. (reinstaled python) but now I cannot get Cover mode to work.

Last edited by hivar; 12-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.
hivar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch