Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #616
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
new firmware will be ready in middle of Nov with big improve like more powerful handwriting feature in note, support left hand mode, cloud export to goolge drive or dropbox or email will be add too.
I did not see the update for Alita and it’s already the beginning of December.
When will it be out for Alita?

Thanks
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #617
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
I for one will wait for the update to be tested by many before I make any switch. I basically don't use any of the stock apps on my mars or mimas so if the user experience will be more driven to that functionality then we might have some battery hits ect. But it does have the potential to be really good too. 2GB ram is more than enough to be speedy on 8.0. If they add an actual drop down on the status bar to say mix the front lights system wide that would be amazing. I don't know why they haven't done that yet as it's a selling point and the device can handle it fine it seems.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #618
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
I want a shortcut to toggle backlight like on onyx boox
I guess update will be delayed for month or two if people on Boyue really work on multiple projects at once
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #619
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Well, I lost interest with using this as a note taker, while waiting for them to fix various issues (can you write while zoomed yet?), but it works surprisingly well as a laptop monitor...

The screen looks a bit blurry (hence the large image size), but its clear IRL. This thing has a better resolution than the laptop. (Laptop screen that is - I adjust the laptop resolution with xrandr to match the ereader)

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 12-07-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #620
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Well, I lost interest with using this as a note taker, while waiting for them to fix various issues (can you write while zoomed yet?), but it works surprisingly well as a laptop monitor...

The screen looks a bit blurry (hence the large image size), but its clear IRL. This thing has a better resolution than the laptop. (Laptop screen that is - I adjust the laptop resolution with xrandr to match the ereader)
Is Xrandr also casting it to the device over wifi? I don't see a usb connection.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #621
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Is Xrandr also casting it to the device over wifi? I don't see a usb connection.
Not by xrandr, but yes, I connect through vnc via a wifi hotspot shared by the laptop.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 12-07-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #622
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdd View Post
Hello,

Can anyone who has updated tell me if there is a function to directly save export annotated PDFs to the cloud? I am particularly interested in a Dropbox integration for this - has this been included?

Thanks,
Dennis
Latest update and a smooth sync with services such as Dropbox is still not working, at least I didn’t find it to work.
I think that one of the most important features is to get things on and off the device smoothly, like with Dropbox or Google Drive integration. Opening PDFs directly from Dropbox, making handwritten annotations and then have the annotated PDF directly synced back to Dropbox is what is really needed.

Also, from the Notebook App, one should be able to sync all newly written notes and changes automatically to the cloud (e.g., Dropbox).

These things are fundamental for an academic Workflow, otherwise it is almost useless.

Onyx Note pro can do all these things but has some downsides with handwritten notes and cropping PDFs, hence, I would rather use a Likebook, but without smooth cloud sync, the Likebooks are useless to me as an academic.

Anyone have any ideas for workarounds?

Thanks,
Dennis
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #623
gianluca.c
gianluca.c began at the beginning.

Hi dennisdd,

I actually use an app called DriveSync/AutoSync
( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rivesync&hl=en )
to synchronize folders on my Android devices, including my Mimas Likebook, with Google Drive.

In this way I synchronize a folder where I keep my PDF files and also the folder where the Mimas stores the notes.

It works very smooth and reliably.

Last edited by gianluca.c; 12-16-2019 at 07:27 AM.
gianluca.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 04:22 AM   #624
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
new firmware will be ready in middle of Nov with big improve like more powerful handwriting feature in note, support left hand mode, cloud export to goolge drive or dropbox or email will be add too.
Hello.
Any news about delay?

By the way, chinese forum is down for a month or more
http://bbs.boyue.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=53
Better tell boyue
Old 12-29-2019, 05:26 AM   #625
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Today i discover that my warm lights don't work anymore. I barely use them but it sucks. And seeing how difficult is to contact boyue I don't think to ask for reparation.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:20 AM   #626
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnm View Post
Today i discover that my warm lights don't work anymore. I barely use them but it sucks. And seeing how difficult is to contact boyue I don't think to ask for reparation.
Do none of them work or just some? If you go into their own app store on the device and download the light mix app in there do they come back?

EDIT: also have you tried rebooting your device it self?
Old 12-30-2019, 02:50 AM   #627
gunnm
Connoisseur

Quote:
Do none of them work or just some? If you go into their own app store on the device and download the light mix app in there do they come back?

EDIT: also have you tried rebooting your device it self?
All of them. When i try to put the warm light all lights go off. Only in normal i got light. As well the battery goes from whatever % to zero after few hours. I tried even a factory reset.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:33 AM   #628
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
All of them. When i try to put the warm light all lights go off. Only in normal i got light. As well the battery goes from whatever % to zero after few hours. I tried even a factory reset.
Try to contact your seller and Boyue. likebook@boyue.com
Where'd you get your reader?
Old 12-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #629
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
How old is your reader? Sounds like the bad leds are making a phantom draw on the battery in standby.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:24 PM   #630
gunnm
Connoisseur

Quote:
How old is your reader? Sounds like the bad leds are making a phantom draw on the battery in standby.
I bought It in August. So like 5 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Try to contact your seller and Boyue. likebook@boyue.com
Where'd you get your reader?
Rakuten, Germany but like somebody selling through rakuten. And they send it really fast, like 2 days since I bought it.

Last edited by gunnm; 12-30-2019 at 03:29 PM.