Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
phunnylinguist
Enthusiast
phunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Transferred file Appears in Calibre as on device but it’s not on Kindle

Mobi file is DRM free. Calibre version is 3.46 (Mac). macOS is Sierra (10.12). Tried using Send to Kindle - unsuccessful. Then attempted using my Amazon Kindle email, also NG. Bypassing Calibre with Kindle-to-laptop transfer also proved fruitless, as did a restart. Am at a loss as to what else to try.

Last edited by phunnylinguist; 07-31-2019 at 07:29 PM.
phunnylinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do a MOBI to AZW3 conversion and send the azw3
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2019, 01:11 AM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
FWIW, Kovid, I've occasionally seen this behaviour on my Oasis gen1, and the Voyage before that. Usually, being patient solves the problem. Which makes it an indexing problem. Sometimes, however, I end up having to do a significant cleanup of files on the device, including deleting the problem book(s) completely, rebooting, and then adding it back. Now, patience as it indexes and it shows up. I've never had one that simply wouldn't show ever.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:26 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes if conversion does not solve the issue then the next step is https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...id-not-show-up
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
phunnylinguist
Enthusiast
phunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of itphunnylinguist has read War And Peace ... all of it

Removed mobi from Calibre as suggested and rebooted. Added mobi then converted to azw3. At that point Calibre displayed two entries for the title. I chose to have copies removed from both Library and device, which perhaps coincidentally, prompted a crash:

(short version of) Crashed Thread: 14

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00001bb9b958bec8
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [0]

After another reboot with Paperwhite connected to laptop I added the mobi, converted to azw3. Title was still nowhere to be found in Paperwhite. At this point I am not looking forward to the prospect of a reset.

Thanks for the assistance.
Advert
Old 08-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Be patient. You won't see it until your Paperwhite has indexed it. Which, if you have a fairly full Kindle can take a bit.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #7
phunnylinguist
Enthusiast

The title in question has in fact been located on my Paperwhite. Having posed the same question on the Amazon Forum it was suggested that the filter options on the Paperwhite be checked.

As I was almost certain this had been done numerous times in the series of processes employed to locate this particular title, wouldn't you know it----I found it. Guess I was so convinced that it was a 'book' and not a 'doc'. It's here now, listed as a doc. Crisis solved!

Thanks, Kovid and Grand Sorcerer!