Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #61
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Because they'd rather people replace their old kindles than have ebook publishers tweak their books to work on old devices.
Nope, no, no, and no. Not at all. It's been what, 12 years now, and Amazon still diligently, and I mean, DILIGENTLY supports the very first Kindles.

Sure, they would be happy if a customer bought a new one, but you'd be boggled at how many folks still have their first Kindles. Diap Dealer and I both still do, as it happens.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #62
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Heh, I just remembered that I have a drawer of old devices; found my old Palm Pilot M105. It uses AAA batteries so I popped 2 in and it boots just fine. Now I need to enable the serial port on my PC so that I can transfer files to it. Is this a reasonable reader for it or is there something better?

http://www.mobyware.org/mobipocket-r...et-108327.html
I've still got my Palm TX and it gets used daily. I last looked at an ebook on it a month or so ago. I've got eReader Pro v2.6.3. Looks like the download site, ereader.com, no longer exists.

I also submitted a Calibre PML conversion bug report in the last few weeks that Kovid kindly fixed an hour or two after I submitted it.

Palm is not totally dead
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote