Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 08:17 PM   #1
Luca2903
Luca2903 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Unhappy PW2 x Highlights error

Hello, I'm a new user here, although I've been using the PW2 for years.

I'm trying to export the notes and highlights from amazon bought books to a file (pdf, html, etc...), but I get the error "Some highlights have been hidden or truncated due to export limits".

I've been searching for 4+ hours in the web and on this site, but I'm unable to find a solution .

For the future, I plan to download the ebook, remove DRM, send it back to kindle, and use the "Annotations" on Calibre to get this done correctly, that should work, right?

But for the past, I have 100+ books read that I would like to get this complete "highlights" file, any help?

PS: I tried MANY solution like Snippet, Readsmart, Readwise, KindleMate, but no luck, they can't bypass the amazon error message, and end-up only giving me some of the highlights...

PS2: The my clippings file doesn't work, the same message appears on it.

PS3: Firmware 5.11.2

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Luca2903; 07-22-2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: firmware
Luca2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
Luca2903

That's bullshit

I'm so pissed!! I bought and paid for my books, and spent thousands of hours reading, now they want to deny me of my own annotations?!
Old 08-07-2019, 06:19 PM   #3
Luca2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca2903 View Post
I'm so pissed!! I bought and paid for my books, and spent thousands of hours reading, now they want to deny me of my own annotations?!
Up please!
Old 08-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #4
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Voyage, iPad mini
Have you got a Fire, Android or iOS device? Try export from one of the respective Kindle apps there (assuming you allow Whispersync to happen).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #5
Luca2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Have you got a Fire, Android or iOS device? Try export from one of the respective Kindle apps there (assuming you allow Whispersync to happen).
Thanks for the tip man, unfortunately it brings no better results than the other solutions =(
Old 08-08-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Have you tried http://read.amazon.com/notebook?
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:48 PM   #7
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
There is also the work done by j.p.s: azw3r highlight and note extraction info
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #8
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Voyage, iPad mini
Please clarify: do you get error with ALL of your Amazon books, or just some of them? And is the error the same when using Fire/iOS/Android Kindle app?

I don’t understand how you can get ‘the same error’ with My Clippings. Surely you can copy it to a computer and look at it?

While there are sometimes very low limits on number of highlights, it is specific to the book, not some global restriction. So something is not adding up.

Can you perhaps post a screen capture or photo of the error?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #9
Luca2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
Yes, I can access all the notes there, but it's "impossible" to export them.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Please clarify: do you get error with ALL of your Amazon books, or just some of them? And is the error the same when using Fire/iOS/Android Kindle app?

I don’t understand how you can get ‘the same error’ with My Clippings. Surely you can copy it to a computer and look at it?

While there are sometimes very low limits on number of highlights, it is specific to the book, not some global restriction. So something is not adding up.

I think a lot of books have a 10% limit. If your highlights contain more than 10% of the book, you can't export all of them.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #11
Luca2903

Quote:

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply!

I do not really get an error, that was a mistake on my end, I just get the message after some correct notes, "Some highlights ... to export limits".

This happen on all of the books which have a "high" number of highlights, so it usually doesn't happen on novels, as an example, because i highlight almost nothing.

""I don’t understand how you can get ‘the same error’ with My Clippings. ""

That is that I don't accept from Amazon. My Clippings is a file, that basically I created with my work, even if my work was only using my finger across the book...

Using third party software, like gosnippet, etc., I can get more highlights than on MyClippings, which is crazy, but, far from being able to get everything.

I put some screenshot, thanks!

1 - https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019...c0246-full.jpg

2 - https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019...dc983-full.jpg
Old 08-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #12
Luca2903

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I think a lot of books have a 10% limit. If your highlights contain more than 10% of the book, you can't export all of them.
Yes, I read that each publisher defines this limit, some are 5%, other 20%, I have some giant books with no restriction as well.