Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2021, 01:54 AM   #1
whitespirit
whitespirit began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook PB741
Thumb cover size or width in catalog

I was using calibre portable to generate my catalogs, but it seems it became too big and it failed on a memeory error. I switch to calibre 64 and it went again OK.
the only difference I see is the width of the thumbnails of the covers.
Is it possible that I can go wider in width with the poartbale version than with the 64 version. if I add (in 64) a value higher than 2 inch things doesn't change anymore... the same value in the portable version although gives wider thumbnails - it is easily seen in the thumbs.zip file as well which is 30 % smaller with the 64 version.
whitespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Where are you specifying the thumbnail size?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:23 AM   #3
whitespirit

In the catalog making interface - at the bottom options (sorry in dutch) see attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	190705  
Old 12-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I doubt the portable vs 64bit version can make a difference, but I'll test it when I have a moment
Old 12-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #5
whitespirit

thank you !
Old 12-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I looked into it and the 2 inch limit is hardcoded in the code, I dont see how the portable version could go larger than that as it uses the same code.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ub_mobi.py#L36

I will change the dialog to have the limit specified in the control so you cant set values larger than 2 in the first place.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:14 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And I increased the maximum size to 3 inches. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...fce2b28f4369f2
Old 12-21-2021, 04:13 AM   #8
whitespirit

I have tested the new 64 version and it works perfect - thanks for taking care of this issue !

Tags
catalog, cover, thumbs, width