Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #61
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
The seller also just accepted my request for a refund. I, too, had uploaded screenshots of requests to extend the Purchase Protection period, the DHL tracking page which showed no movement more than 10 days after the "shipping information" was received, as well as the 23 day delivery guarantee or a complete refund.

I'm really not sure what the seller was trying to do. Were they just trying to gauge interest in the product? Or were they really hoping to fulfill orders, but got caught out by the lack of product availability owing to domestic demand?

The lack of communication, the false shipping notice and now the substantial price hike make it certain that I will not order anything from that seller again, nor will I recommend them to others.

So, if they were legitimately trying to do business, they have needlessly soured a potential customer on them. Which is very unfortunate because I would have patiently waited if they had kept me informed of what the situation was and had ensured that my purchase was protected until I received my order.

Oh well. Will just have to wait until somebody else actually has stock or something better comes along.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #62
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, my refund finally showed up on my credit card account. First time I've ever had to go through the dispute process with Aliexpress. Good to know that it works. Hopefully, won't ever have to do it again.

And I notice that the number of "sold" devices by the seller is declining. So it would seem that a number of others have also applied for refunds.

But they still pretend to have stock and still offer a guarantee that your device will be delivered within 23 days or you will get a full refund. Well, I suppose the refund part is correct. However, not sure why they had to drag out the process...

Still not sure what their game is as the whole affair soured me from doing business within them again when stock eventually becomes available. The part which especially rankles is the fake shipping. My tracking number still shows that shipping information has been received by DHL. Who knows, perhaps they intend to send me a free phone...
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #63
defost
defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.defost shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
?

upset that we really don't have any information on when this gadget can be purchased
defost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #64
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Still not sure what their game is as the whole affair soured me from doing business within them again when stock eventually becomes available. The part which especially rankles is the fake shipping. My tracking number still shows that shipping information has been received by DHL. Who knows, perhaps they intend to send me a free phone...
The same happend to me. I bought it more or less when you bought it, and just canceled it a few days ago. But maybe we did a mistake canceling it. The reason of what they did is clear is you search again for hisense a5. The same phone now cost 100€ more. It seems they were testing the market to see how many buyers will be, and in front of the numbers of buyers appeared in the first 3-4 days decided to delay selling until most of the buyers canvels the purchasing, to increase the price.

300€ for that phone with shitty camera, processor and one single screen is a robbery. I am not going to buy it, and hope nobody will do it at that price.

I am going to give 1 star to the store arguing inexistence of communication, extreme delay and thiev practised, as this is the only I can do. Question mark, and all users who found themselves in this situation, hope you do the same

EDIT: The point of having a shitty processor its not correct. If you want more info look up to post 76

Last edited by eReader fan; 12-13-2019 at 08:26 PM.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #65
kova4a
kova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheesekova4a can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Well, the Chinese price for the 32GB version is circa $170 (~150 euro) and $213 for the 64GB one, so that's the lowest price we can expect. Otherwise, it's obviously been on sale in China for more than a month as there is more than 100 pages of customer feedback with photos on JD. So I don't really know what's going on with the Aliexpress seller and his pricing and inventory. It's weird. Right now JD states that the first batch has been sold out, so apparently that's the issue. Hisense made 10k units or so and they sold out way faster than expected in China and probably no stock was left for the Aliexpress resellers, but they decided to keep the buyers waiting and acting stupid until the new stock arrived. Of course, the same thing might happen with the second batch as well.
kova4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #66
ndhikaa
ndhikaa began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
Well, the Chinese price for the 32GB version is circa $170 (~150 euro) and $213 for the 64GB one, so that's the lowest price we can expect. Otherwise, it's obviously been on sale in China for more than a month as there is more than 100 pages of customer feedback with photos on JD. So I don't really know what's going on with the Aliexpress seller and his pricing and inventory. It's weird. Right now JD states that the first batch has been sold out, so apparently that's the issue. Hisense made 10k units or so and they sold out way faster than expected in China and probably no stock was left for the Aliexpress resellers, but they decided to keep the buyers waiting and acting stupid until the new stock arrived. Of course, the same thing might happen with the second batch as well.
I think i might have to agree on the point, i have 2 days left waiting on shipping and the seller said it was out of stock.. hehe

now i'll find my way to buy from some other sellers
ndhikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:12 AM   #67
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhikaa View Post
I think i might have to agree on the point, i have 2 days left waiting on shipping and the seller said it was out of stock.. hehe
Well, at least you got a response from the seller. That was more than I got.

Quote:
now i'll find my way to buy from some other sellers
Why the seller couldn't have been upfront about the situation from the get go instead of drawing the process out by pretending to ship the device... I just don't understand. Just means that I will look to buy it elsewhere when it eventually becomes available.

I suspect there may not be any stock available for a while. Although that's a bit disappointing, perhaps something better, such as a colour e-ink screen, will come along during the wait.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #68
Question Mark
Wizard

Just got an email from the CECT Shop. Apparently the Hisense A5 is now available to order. Hope it still is when I get home from work.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #69
Question Mark
Wizard

Managed to place an order with the CECT Shop during a break. It is a pre-order and the device will apparently ship on the 13th.

It actually comes out $15 cheaper than the previous order I had placed on Aliexpress as the shipping cost is cheaper even though it is also by DHL.

Hopefully, this time I'll receive my device.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #70
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Quote:
Managed to place an order with the CECT Shop
Thanks for posting this. I've now placed an order on their shop too.

I have confidence this one will work out, the only issue could be some delay at the Hisense end. If I end up with it in my hand this year I'll be super happy.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #71
Lord Byron
Lord Byron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can relate to ur Aliexpress experience QuestionMark (at least partially).

The lesson I've learned from Aliexpress is email the seller 1st to verify the item is in stock, then order.

Earlier this year, I shopped for a Hisense A2 Pro. Aliexpress had an big sale, and the hisenses were cheaper at the time. I ordered with a temporary coupon code that took a sizeable chunck off the price. Then nothing. I emailed the seller- nothing. I extended the cancel date and kept emailing the seller- nothing. I tried to cancel THEN the seller contacts me saying they don't have the item (while they still had multiple listings showing "in stock") and they had no idea if it would even come back in stock.

I went thru the Aliexpress refund process and the seller declined that request and emailed me asking why I wanted to cancel- lol!

I was furious so I shot back the message "You have multiple listings and are taking cash for an item you don't even have- REFUND ME NOW!!"

They did and just as an experiment I emailed ALL the other Hisense A2 listings inquiring about present stock (there was quite a lot at the time). Half those sellers didn't bother to reply to me and only 1/2 of the replying sellers actually have stock.

Because of that seller's hi-jinx my temporary coupon expired and I wasn't able to apply it to another order. The next week I found a used Yotaphone 2 on ebay and have been very happy ever since..

Hope ur A5 experience goes well. I'll be watching the forums intently. Cash is tight with the holidays so I have to hold off for now (plus I prefer the 2 screen concept) but I can't wait to read your reviews.
Lord Byron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #72
ndhikaa

Quote:
Well, at least you got a response from the seller. That was more than I got.

Why the seller couldn't have been upfront about the situation from the get go instead of drawing the process out by pretending to ship the device... I just don't understand. Just means that I will look to buy it elsewhere when it eventually becomes available.

I suspect there may not be any stock available for a while. Although that's a bit disappointing, perhaps something better, such as a colour e-ink screen, will come along during the wait.
Yeah even better, last minute processing time expires they input a fake tracking number, now I need to wait for 10 days more to report the refund to AliExpress.

Anyway, just found out that the JD are announcing a Rush Buy on 12th of December : 2 PM. will be shipped by 13th of December (my birthday lol)

What do you think, is it worth the shot? I might borrow a phone to order via JD.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #73
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah even better, last minute processing time expires they input a fake tracking number, now I need to wait for 10 days more to report the refund to AliExpress.

Anyway, just found out that the JD are announcing a Rush Buy on 12th of December : 2 PM. will be shipped by 13th of December (my birthday lol)

What do you think, is it worth the shot? I might borrow a phone to order via JD.
Be careful or you might end up with 2 phones if your Aliexpress order has not been canceled.

You will have to wait 10 days to open up a dispute, and then the seller will be given several days to respond to your dispute. If they do not respond, you will get a refund. If they do respond, there may be a bit more back and forth. Not sure.

The potential problem is that the seller might obtain stock during this period and then actually send the package off so you might actually get it because it does seem that there will be stock available in the next couple of days.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #74
ndhikaa

Quote:
Be careful or you might end up with 2 phones if your Aliexpress order has not been canceled.

You will have to wait 10 days to open up a dispute, and then the seller will be given several days to respond to your dispute. If they do not respond, you will get a refund. If they do respond, there may be a bit more back and forth. Not sure.

The potential problem is that the seller might obtain stock during this period and then actually send the package off so you might actually get it because it does seem that there will be stock available in the next couple of days.
That is less likely because seems like the seller is commited to mess with my order and not ship actual product. so I will wait for nothing.

Yes that's a mess that I expected since i placed the order. so I think there's no other way to finish the scam order in good sport with AE.

It will be started in few hours, anyone getting from JD?
Old 12-12-2019, 07:27 AM   #75
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Some sites say it has microusb (like the Cect shop), some said usb c. Which makes me wonder about other things. Like quick charging, which it is listed as having on some sites.

I read that the proccessor has a 2.0hz cpu for 4 cores, and 1.5 for the other 4 cores. As long as there is 2.0ghz speed somewhere, it should perform adequetely I would think.

These issues aside, if I don't get a larger ereader over the holidays I'll probably get one of these. The a2 pro is an excellent phone, but the light screen gets in the way with the configuration it has.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote