Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2022, 04:21 AM   #481
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
I'm still resisting with a kingrow k1 after more than 2 years because...there is really no alternative outside.
Anyway, living in the world, not having google play is an issue.
My employee just switched OTP codes from "google authenticator", that work great without google services :-) , to "microsoft authenticator" , that crash without google services.
Being 100% smartworking, i put that on a secondary tablet but...hey
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #482
Jakerako
Jakerako began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Hi Jennifer, I have the same issue with the headaches and the A5. I am curious, if you can share, what kind of PC do u use that doesn't bother you? The yotaphone2 and the onyx Boox are what I use that don't bother me but I need a replacement for my phone, and I'd like a PC that doesn't trigger migraines!
Jake
Jakerako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #483
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Hey, anybody succeeded into changing the default phone app on the A5? Despite the setting, the default phone app is still used when I receive a call.

The only way I’m trying to do that is because I’m constantly spammed by telemarketers and would like to block all incoming calls from unknown numbers. Didn’t managed to do it on the A5.

Curious if the A9 would solve this problem.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 05:18 PM   #484
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
The only way I’m trying to do that is because I’m constantly spammed by telemarketers and would like to block all incoming calls from unknown numbers. Didn’t managed to do it on the A5.
On my A5ProCC, I opened up the regular phone app, then touched the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. I then selected "Blocked" from the drop down menu. From there, I touched the settings icon in the top right corner. I then selected "Call block rules". I then turned on "Block strangers" so that I will only receive calls from contacts in my phone book or numbers on my whitelist. That has stopped the spam calls for me.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #485
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
On my A5ProCC, I opened up the regular phone app, then touched the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. I then selected "Blocked" from the drop down menu. From there, I touched the settings icon in the top right corner. I then selected "Call block rules". I then turned on "Block strangers" so that I will only receive calls from contacts in my phone book or numbers on my whitelist. That has stopped the spam calls for me.

Thanks for the answer. I can confirm that this option is missing from the original A5. That’s a pity because the firmware seems to not be updated anymore.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:25 PM   #486
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. I can confirm that this option is missing from the original A5. That’s a pity because the firmware seems to not be updated anymore.
Actually, the setting is on the original A5. When I got my A5 Pro CC, I gave my A5 to my wife. As such, I just checked to see if it had the same setting and it does.

Open up the default phone app. Touch the three dots in the upper right hand corner to reveal a drop down menu. Select "Blocked". Touch the gear icon in the upper right hand corner. Select "Call block rules". Go down to "Other", and enable "Block strangers".

My wife's A5 is running Android 9. The Vision version is Vision 7. The software version is L1657.6.12.01.00. It is the original A5, not the modified "international" version.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:03 AM   #487
ploum
Zealot

Quote:
My wife's A5 is running Android 9. The Vision version is Vision 7. The software version is L1657.6.12.01.00. It is the original A5, not the modified "international" version.
I’ve got the same software version. I didn’t modify anything (not root, no Gapps, no translation other than Chinese/English) so I guess I have the original A5.

Quote:
Open up the default phone app. Touch the three dots in the upper right hand corner to reveal a drop down menu. Select "Blocked". Touch the gear icon in the upper right hand corner. Select "Call block rules". Go down to "Other", and enable "Block strangers".
That’s very strange. In the default phone app, if I click the three dots in the upper right, I have a menu with only two items : "Delete call log" and "Settings".

Looks like I’m missing something here.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to investigate. This is really helpful and, if solved, my allows me to save buying another phone!
Old 06-14-2022, 05:09 AM   #488
ploum
Zealot

Adding a screenshot:

Old 06-14-2022, 08:53 PM   #489
Question Mark
Wizard

Very strange. Here is what I see when I click on the three dots in the regular phone app:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phone App Three Dots.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	194372  
Old 06-14-2022, 08:56 PM   #490
Question Mark
Wizard

And, after selecting "Blocked", when I click on the settings icon, this is what I see:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Settings Call Block Rules.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	194375  
Old 06-14-2022, 08:58 PM   #491
Question Mark
Wizard

And, finally, this is what I see after selecting "Call block rules":
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Block Strangers.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	194376  
Old 06-15-2022, 10:21 AM   #492
ploum
Zealot

Very strange. We definitely don’t have the same version of the caller app. It might be that this app is updated through an hisense chinese store or something similar and that I’ve removed it early (I try to remove everything I don’t use and, not speaking chinese, I removed everything that could be removed)
Old 06-15-2022, 11:36 AM   #493
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I have an up-to-date A5 Pro (BW) and when I press the three dots I get:

"Delete call log
Blocked
Conference call
Settings"

If you are sure that you are not using the international version - maybe consider doing a factory reset? Or before you try that - set the Hisense phone app as your default. Maybe the option is inactivated if you use some other app as a default.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #494
ploum
Zealot

Is there a way to check if I have the international version or not ? (I already tried setting the app as default).

Also, something is strange : I can enable the option to be asked, after being called by a unknown number, to label this number. When this screen is shown, after a call, I can block a given number. I did it a few times.

But I’ve no way to find the current blocked numbers list or to unblock a number. Which is why I suspect a bug of some sort.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:12 PM   #495
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Is there a way to check if I have the international version or not ? (I already tried setting the app as default).

Also, something is strange : I can enable the option to be asked, after being called by a unknown number, to label this number. When this screen is shown, after a call, I can block a given number. I did it a few times.

But I’ve no way to find the current blocked numbers list or to unblock a number. Which is why I suspect a bug of some sort.
Have you searched for "block" or "blocked" in Settings? I get a "Blocked Numbers Storage" item in the results. It's classified as "App info" - so it's maybe an app?

I don't have any blocked numbers, though, and don't use the feature, so I can't investigate much further.

It could be that there are more useful options in the settings. They are a bit hard to find and understand with the bad English, though...
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote