Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
RibRdb2
RibRdb2 began at the beginning.

Status?

So I finally got my iLiad repaired. Has anyone found a way to run code on 2.6.1? Do we know what versions of xpdf, etc are installed to look for security vulnerabilities? Or is everyone waiting for the sdk?
RibRdb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey RibRdb2,

I think the problem is that nobody here wants to brick his iRex by attempting to hack the software. So the answer is no, there has been no way found to run code on 2.6.1 so far. But if you want to believe iRex, the release of the SDK is near (knock wood knock wood knock wood!!!).
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RibRdb2
Do we know what versions of xpdf, etc are installed to look for security vulnerabilities? Or is everyone waiting for the sdk?
There is a 2.6 around somewhere online, so in principle we know the versions. But I must confess I have not checked for minimo vulnerabilities nor a way to restore the save as... dialog.

As for xpdf, I think they are patching it heavily. It is xpdf so if you wish, as the legitimate buyer of the thing, you can send them a notarial letter via your lawyer asking them for a complete listing of the patchs. Of course people prefer to give them a couple month condifence and some pressure online, as it happened with the gx2 console.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
lhl
Webmonkey
lhl began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I've been incredibly busy at work the past few weeks, but am going to have a spare weekend or two soon. I'm still on 2.4 (retaining root and will be poking around when I get my scratchbox setup.
lhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
There is a 2.6 around somewhere online, so in principle we know the versions....
-> iliad.mobileread.com

lhl, please share your findings with us. Especially your scratchbox setup etc! ;-)
Advert
Old 09-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
But I must confess I have not checked for minimo vulnerabilities nor a way to restore the save as... dialog.
After my last posting turned out to be such a disaster I haven't posted anything else. But yes, minimo has a couple things turned on that can be easily accessed via HTML loaded onto the iLiad.

They desperately need to post the source code so we can help them lock the holes they've left standing open. They seem to have 2 or 3 developers. If they posted the source they could have 20 or 30 developers and utilize their in-house man power as a clearing agency for the submitted enhancements and fixes.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

I'd vote to wait for 2.7 (pdf zoom) before trying again access to the system.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:41 AM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch

Quote:
I'd vote to wait for 2.7 (pdf zoom) before trying again access to the system.
Any ETA?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=447
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:42 AM   #10
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
I think it is unrelated to development.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #11
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I think it is unrelated to development.
I agree. What drives me nuts is that there is still no SDK, and at the same time iRex is trying to find cheap labor (aka volunteers) to debug their software (which includes signing an NDA!).
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #12
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
yeah think i'll skip the beta program sounds like a way to speed up development by letting customers brick their device.
maybe if the CF reloading was working for beta testers but i dont fancy irexs current track record on pickup/fix/delivery.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote