Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FREE Paper Sun Tzu's Art of War

If this is highly inappropriate, please, Mods, by all means remove it and accept my apologies in advance.

If it is only mildly inappropriate, consider letting it pass this time... I promise not to make a habit of it!

So... I want to ship a couple of free copies of Sun Tzu's Art of War (this edition: http://www.amazon.com/ASIN/dp/0981162630/ ) to US postal addresses. Paper books (the eBooks are available for free download on this website: http://www.paxlibrorum.com/ebooks/ ).

If you are interested, post a quick reply here and then I will contact you via private message to get the postal address.

I don't know how many free copies I can offer yet--but 1 per address, and once 5 people with US addresses already responded, assume that the offer is expired.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is perceived as a transgression!

- Ahi

Last edited by ahi; 06-05-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added missing website link--sorry
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
The appearance of the 505 version is excellent. Mil gracias!
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
The appearance of the 505 version is excellent. Mil gracias!
Glad to hear it, no.guru!

Any chance you are interested in a free paper copy and can give me (in a private message) a US postal address to send it to?

- Ahi
Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Thanks, ahi.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
ahi
Wizard

You're very welcome, Over.

Ok... since (perhaps unsurprisingly) nobody on this forum is clamouring to receive a free dead tree book. If you know anybody that you think might be interested in the free copy offer, please PM me, and I will give you the email address to give to that person.

Just keep in mind I am only looking to give out 2-5 copies... not dozens or hundreds.

- Ahi
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
Junior94
Junior94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
please contact me
Junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Well I'm no mod, but I don't find this inappropriate in anyway. I think it's great when contributing members/authors announce their products.

BTW the PDF version made for the 505 is brilliant. This ebook shows the power of PDF when it is made for the right target audience.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 06-06-2009 at 11:08 AM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
ahi
Wizard

Thanks! I appreciate the support.

Sooner or later (but will gosh darned well try to make it this month) I'll start adding other books to the eBook library too, and also in the reflow formats (LIT, LRF, MobiPocket, and ePub).

Curiously The Art of War is kind of a drag to do in HTML as the list numbering is not straightforward in a couple of chapters. I'll get around to it though, and will post a little notice in the appropriate forum once I have.

- Ahi
Old 06-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
I'm interested too. It would be a nice gift for a relative that do not have a book reader.
I will keep the beautiful PDF version for myself

Please pm me for the US postal adress if the offer is still up

Last edited by Faenad; 06-06-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
ahi
Wizard

The offer is still available, Faenad. And I messaged you.

In addition to your copy, I'm giving away just one more last one.

- Ahi
Old 06-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Thanks! I just replied to your message
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #12
ahi
Wizard

The offer is hereby expired. Thanks, everybody!

I am struggling to get a tolerable looking ePub out of the book too. When it's done, it will go up on the paxlibrorum.com website.

- Ahi