Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
nesseainie
nesseainie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Merging several Html files into one file

OK I just got calibre, and love it.
One small problem. I use a MacBook and I have several html files, which are sections of one book. I want to link them all so Calibre sees them as one book. I have checked the user manual and this forum but seen nothing on point. All the independent merger software i have seen is Windows based. So I am looking for either a Mac OS compatible program that can merge and/or convert my Html files into one readable document. Or a way to do it using Calibre.

As a warning. I am techno illiterate, so any explanations should be in simple terms, preferably with diagrams.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by nesseainie; 06-01-2009 at 05:28 AM.
nesseainie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You do not need to merge them. As long as the file you load into Calibre points at all the other files, then Calibre will automatically link them into a single book.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
nesseainie
nesseainie began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am not sure what you mean. All the files are in the same folder and are named numerically. I have tried uploading the book folder with all the Html files, and also uploading just the first Html file But still when the upload is complete the other files are not linked to it.

Hate to be a pain, but can you explain exactly what you think I should be doing.

thanks.
nesseainie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Basically the top level file needs to have what in HTML are called "links" pointing to the other files. In other words if you loaded the first file in a browser then you would be able to navigate to the other files by clicking on appopriate links in the first file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
If the toc is included it works nicely, but the files aren't merged
I still get loose chapters,it seems you have to merge them before
converting
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
imdqmznh
imdqmznh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Have a look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=14
imdqmznh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...specific-order
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Also, you can try looking for an app called VHTML IIRC which merges HTML files...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
lovely work

mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote