Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Ebook Viewer formatting questions

Hello,
I have some questions about the behavior I am seeing in Calibre's ebook viewer. It seems that no matter how I adjust the window size I end up with sentences at the top or bottom being half cut off every few pages in an ebook. One of the things I like about the MS Reader is it always seems to keep a well formatted "page". This is one of those things that seems to help me immerse myself into a book and forget about the medium.

I don't have an ebook hardware device yet so for now I'm s tuck reading on my PC. Because of this I have been downloading in the lit format instead of epub for now though I like the openness of epub. Is there some adjustment that I can make to have the reader be more "page centric" (display wise, not rigid actual page like a PDF though) even with flow and all? It would also be nice if there was a way to set the mouse scroll wheel to be a "page down" instead of scrolling individual lines of text as well

Still, Calibre is one great program!

Thanks!
Danny

Last edited by danwdoo; 03-19-2009 at 10:45 AM.
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's viewer uses an HTML rendering engine, so this behavior comes from that. You'll notice the same thing with your browser. Still I agree that having that half line at the bottom or top can be annoying, so looking into solutions for that is on my TODO list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for looking into this and the great program!

Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote