Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Thumbs up BoB 30% discount this Valentines day [OFFER EXPIRED]

I received an email with the folowing info:

A Valentines Day Present from BooksOnBoard
30% Straight Discount Off List
All eBooks & Audio Books - PLUS Rewards (Up to 45% off altogether)
With Promo Code: LoveOnBoard
Offer expires 11:59 p.m. Central Time, February 15, 2009.

Have fun!

cheers,
kaas

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-17-2010 at 07:44 PM.
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
Thanks!
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
They are also offering some titles for free. I picked up "Whiskey Rebels".
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
They are also offering some titles for free. I picked up "Whiskey Rebels".
Whiskey Rebels is part of the Random House Freebies available till end of Feb.
I got the email as well so It's another excuse to buy some more ebooks.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I wanted to buy a couple books, but they cost 24$ each. Even discounting 30%, that's outrageous! I'll wait for better prices.

As a matter of fact, I've noticed a significant increase in prices. Many books I have in my wishlist are more expensive now. Some increased almost 50%!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I used the code on a book whose list price was 7.99, but 6.27 from BoB. When the adjusted price came up it was ... 5.59, rather than the 4.18 I was expecting (ie, 6.27 with a third off).

Then I realised the 30% discount was off the full list price, rather than BoB's own price, which means I'd be saving less than a dollar.

Well dodgy.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
didn't notice that, since the books I bought had only a few cents discount off the list anyways. I did save some money but you are definetely right, that is not nice of BoB...

cheers,
kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by garygibsonsf View Post
I used the code on a book whose list price was 7.99, but 6.27 from BoB. When the adjusted price came up it was ... 5.59, rather than the 4.18 I was expecting (ie, 6.27 with a third off).

Then I realised the 30% discount was off the full list price, rather than BoB's own price, which means I'd be saving less than a dollar.

Well dodgy.
Boy, you guys are hard to please. I bought a couple of Lincoln Child's previous novels Utopia and Death Match and by using the coupon code and $1 of rewards dollars from a previous purchase $16 of ebooks cost $10 and I get $1.38 worth of rewards dollars to use next time.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
This year it looks like BoB went with increased Rewards for purchases. My usual Reward on an ebook that was released only to pback is something like .16 cents. Today it was .94 cents per book. I ended up accumulating about five dollars in Rewards dollars to use later. Definitely NOT complaining!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:30 AM   #10
raven312
Enthusiast
raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for this. I'd been meaning to register with them and buy something but kept forgetting.
raven312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #11
Scotch
Enthusiast
Scotch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kindle
I thought this promo code expires at 11:59 pm central time today? I should have around 17 minutes left. But I just tried it and got a message that this promo code doesn't exist.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Well, the promo code is for 2009, not 2010. the thread was revived from last year This year there's only more rebate $
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #13
Scotch
Enthusiast
Scotch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kindle
Ugh! I never thought to pay attention to the year of the OP since this was brought up. Why post a reply to an old post when a new thread could be started to avoid confusion? I know, I know. I should have paid more attention. Still.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote