Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Greeting from Earth... sorry I meant Perth. Australia that is.

I've been reading this forum for some time but only joined today.

Been researching what ebook readers are around (hardware) and trying to make a choice to purchase. Just about to buy when specs for the Mentor surface.

Now I wait. and wait.... much waiting, 6" in end of august they say.
oh yes I can wait. How I can wait. *sigh*
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i know what you mean. i'm waiting too : for the astak, for the ETI e-ink device, for the feedbooks device... *sigh*

i like your pseudo and avatar though. (just making conversation, while we're waiting. you can probably find plenty of ways to while away the time around here.)

greetings...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tINmOUSE and welcome to the Forum. I know about waiting. I decided on a Sony 500 last year in June but ended up not getting an eBook reader till January. In the end I got a Sony 505 and like it a lot.

Last edited by MickeyC; 07-04-2008 at 08:59 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I never had any patience, and end up ordered the Iliad from Dymocks (then, to relieve myself of the pain of dealing with Dymocks I got a car battery and some jumper cables and attached one end down my derps and attached the other to my nasal septum).

Patience, tINmOUSE. Welcome aboard. Allow us to distract you until release is at hand. We're good at distractions.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Patience, tINmOUSE. Welcome aboard. Allow us to distract you until release is at hand. We're good at distractions.

Cheers,
Marc
he's so modest. we EXCELL at distractions.
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #6
tINmOUSE
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

ARH!

the infamous zelda_pinwheel. I am honored. (no really. I'm strange that way)
Could you please explain the 'naked avatar rule'? lol

PS. the tinmouse is an homage to a favorite book character. Can u guess?

I only ever found 2 other people using this nickname worldwide. Funny enough we all picked it for the same fictional book character. I don't know if to be please or frightened that there are other people that think like this.

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-04-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
tINmOUSE

Just about to buy a Sony 505 (sweaty finger poised about 'ship this item') when I decided to do a quick google check for any news (damn my finger - it was tooooo slow).

now I wait. *sigh*
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #8
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, tINmOUSE. Enjoy the forum and good luck!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW, my first visit to Earth, er, Perth was not too long after you lot won the America's Cup. I checked into the hotel (Hilton on the Swan, I seem to recall) and asked the doorman if he could recommend a pub as I wanted to try the local beer. I quickly learned you do not ask that question in Perth unless you really mean it.

The doorman and the bellhop got into an intense argument about pubs and brews then a cabbie joined the debate. They finally agreed on a district known, I think, as Northbridge and off we went. Instead of dropping me off, the cab driver parked the taxi and walked me into one of the pubs announcing that I was a visiting Yank here to try the beer and they damn well better show me a good time.

I then announced that, since they'd won the America's Cup, they'd consequently won us. After all, I pointed out it is the AMERICA'S Cup and that now made us a colony of West Australia and, BTW, we like our breakfast at 7:00, if you please.

Needless to say, I couldn't buy a pint. In fact, the cab driver never collected his fare. Great time!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
ARH!

the infamous zelda_pinwheel. I am honored. (no really. I'm strange that way)
Could you please explain the 'naked avitar rule'? lol
good heavens. apparently, my reputation precedes me. i suppose that's better than if it followed me around, skulking in doorways and trying to act casual. that would just be creepy.

i would be absolutely thrilled to explain the "naked avatar rule", if i had the slightest idea what you were talking about. i'm pretty sure no-one has (yet) actually passed a *rule* that avatars must be naked, despite the enthusiasm and lobbying i feel confident a certain segment of the population here would manifest for it. until further notice, your avatar may continue to wear clothes (or whiskers, i suppose, in your case), or not. it's up to you.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

OTOH, Zelda, you must admit your bathtub avatar was a lot more popular than your current one with the gecko grabbing the airplane is.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
tINmOUSE

now that sounds distracting.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #13
tINmOUSE

Quote:
06-26-2008 06:46 PM zelda_pinwheel
the Queen of The Ministry would like to remind The Fairy Princess that ordinarily, Princesses, Fairy or Otherwise, do not run around Naked. So Put Your Avatar On This Minute (young lady). good heavens. no sense of decorum whatsoever. We're starting to get complaints, and the paparazzi are going wild. it's absolutely Scandalous.
Member: Mindy

Fess up.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
tINmOUSE

LOL. sounds like fun.

I remember that the then Prime Minister "Bob Hawk" declared, when we won the thing, that it-should-be-a-bloody-national-holiday and that any employer sacked anybody for not showing up to work the next day was a.... (quite emotional was our Bob Hawk)

Unsurprising there was a national health criss the next morning with many people falling too ill to work that day.

You should visit Kalgoorlie next time. (and I swear this is true) every 3rd building on the main street is a pub.... and its a long street. Mining towns.... hmm I won't say what every 2nd building was.

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-04-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
OTOH, Zelda, you must admit your bathtub avatar was a lot more popular than your current one with the gecko grabbing the airplane is.
a good example of the enthusiasm manifested by a certain segment of the population.

Quote:
now that sounds distracting.
it was, and it probably will be in future as well.

Quote:
Quote:
06-26-2008 06:46 PM zelda_pinwheel
the Queen of The Ministry would like to remind The Fairy Princess that ordinarily, Princesses, Fairy or Otherwise, do not run around Naked. So Put Your Avatar On This Minute (young lady). good heavens. no sense of decorum whatsoever. We're starting to get complaints, and the paparazzi are going wild. it's absolutely Scandalous.
Fess up.
oh, THAT rule. actually it's not so much a rule as it is perhaps sound and friendly advice. you should know that people who don't have an avatar around here run the risk of having one chosen for them. you're safe, so far. especially since the one you have is so excellent.