Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
youngfield76
youngfield76 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Kindle display re-sizing!???

So walking in Minneapolis during winter can be dangerous, jumped over some mud and landed on a patch of ice only to fall on my kindle. the top 1/5th of the screen is trashed but the lower 4/5ths is ok.

-Does anybody know if there is a hack to change the display size??

Don't want to buy another if I have to.

Thanks,
Cheap'o Engineer
youngfield76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Sounds like a broken screen substrate. Nothing to do but get a new Kindle.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
You could contact Kindle support. They may be able to help you out in a favorable way.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
youngfield76
youngfield76 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I did some more searching and did find this:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._Change_Margin

Good enough for reading books sideways but not for PDF's.

Quote:
You could contact Kindle support. They may be able to help you out in a favorable way.
Yes, I did contact them but I got a $5 discount for a referb. and I would have to send the old one in again. I rather spend the extra $5 and keep the one I have to experiment with.

Thank you everybody for your help!!!
youngfield76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
One possible solution might be using kindlepdfviewer:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki

The code is all there and you can hack a little bit to make it draw only on part of the screen.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
display, hack, kindle, resize, size