Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Yet another regex question

I want to find all instances of <p> followed by a lower case character. Testing just the first character.

Thanks - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I want to find all instances of <p> followed by a lower case character. Testing just the first character.

Thanks - John
Code:
</p>\s+<p.+>([a-z])
Because you are probably trying to un-wrap

Replace:
Code:
 \1
<<leading space
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Might be a bit overkill:

If you want to find paragraphs which might be incorrectly split, here's what I've come up with - it needs a little tweak sometimes, but generally rather good. I wouldn't recommend replacing everything, unless you grep first for results (think I have an alternative with span/[bsiu]'s ignored somewhere... mmm).

Code:
(?smi)(?<=[^[:punct:]])</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>(?=[\.-?])|</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>(?!\s*(<[sbui]>|[[:punct:]\s])+[[:upper:]])(?=[[:punct:]\s]+[[:lower:]])|</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>((?=[ \.>]{2,}([[:punct:]]|[[:lower:]]))|(?=[[:lower:]]))|(?<=,)</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>
Replace with a space character, else it will join the end words.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Thanks ducks,

I still don't know what did but I ended up with a space, in the middle of a sentence, being replaced by </p><p> in a couple of dozen places in my document.

Anyway...... This is what did it.
Code:
</p>\s+<p>([a-z])
How it knew to stop at one character, I don't know. Regex is an acquaintance and not a friend. Maybe one of these days?

Regards = John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Code:
(?s)</p>\s*<p\b[^<>]*>(?=[[:lower:]])
Replace with a space character, might be slightly better if you're trying to merge paragraphs - or just find them.

Last edited by Serpentine; 01-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks ducks,

I still don't know what did but I ended up with a space, in the middle of a sentence, being replaced by </p><p> in a couple of dozen places in my document.

Anyway...... This is what did it.
Code:
</p>\s+<p>([a-z])
How it knew to stop at one character, I don't know. Regex is an acquaintance and not a friend. Maybe one of these days?

Regards = John
[a-z] says match any Single character a thru z
[a-zI] says a thru z or I
It is all in the hyphen
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Might be a bit overkill:

If you want to find paragraphs which might be incorrectly split, here's what I've come up with - it needs a little tweak sometimes, but generally rather good. I wouldn't recommend replacing everything, unless you grep first for results (think I have an alternative with span/[bsiu]'s ignored somewhere... mmm).

Code:
(?smi)(?<=[^[:punct:]])</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>(?=[\.-?])|</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>(?!\s*(<[sbui]>|[[:punct:]\s])+[[:upper:]])(?=[[:punct:]\s]+[[:lower:]])|</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>((?=[ \.>]{2,}([[:punct:]]|[[:lower:]]))|(?=[[:lower:]]))|(?<=,)</p>\s*<p[^<>]*>
any chance of a breakdown / analysis of what that long line is doing please ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Might be a bit overkill:

Code:
You, sir, have a strange and devious mind.

It works great!
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Quote:

Thanks - John
A simple, literal answer is

Code:
<p>[a-z]
Make sure you are in Code View and the search options Match Case and Minimal Matching are checked and that the search mode Wildcard is checked. The square brackets mean any single character in that range, i.e., a-z. Works for me and I use it a lot. You should probably also check for paragraphs ending in a lower case letter.

Code:
[a-z]</p>
signum is offline   Reply With Quote