Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Calibre Freezing

The Calibre has been freezing. It will go black and won't come back. I have to turn the computer off and then restart it. Why does it keep freezing?
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
For starters, what version of calibre are you using? What kind of computer and what OS? Are you a new user and calibre has been misbehaving from the word go or was it working fine for a while and suddenly started misbehaving.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
For starters, what version of calibre are you using? What kind of computer and what OS? Are you a new user and calibre has been misbehaving from the word go or was it working fine for a while and suddenly started misbehaving.
Version 6.27. I am using Windows Vista. The other version I had also was doing the same thing and I decided to use the 6.7 version, but it's doing the same thing. I was using the newest version before the latest version came out, but it wasn't working in converting books, so I had to uninstall and use this one.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Try downloading the newest version 7.45, and try that.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Try downloading the newest version 7.45, and try that.
Okay, I'll do that. Hopefully the latest one will convert from html to LRF. That is why I had to go back to the other version. The one that I am using is now not responding.
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpretender View Post
Okay, I'll do that. Hopefully the latest one will convert from html to LRF. That is why I had to go back to the other version. The one that I am using is now not responding.
Yes, the new version does convert to LRF (and other formats).
When you add html files to calibre, they get wrapped in a zip (so images/other linked pages are all together), so convert from ZIP to LRF.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
m3write1day
m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.m3write1day can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nook
I never had any luck at all with Calibre. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time to do its thing. I tried to convert to ePub from a Word docx. It was stuck converting for 8 hours. I finally gave up and downloaded Atlantis. Works much better.
m3write1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
Yes, the new version does convert to LRF (and other formats).
When you add html files to calibre, they get wrapped in a zip (so images/other linked pages are all together), so convert from ZIP to LRF.
Okay, it's still having trouble converting html to LRF. I will have to go back to the Calibre I've been using. I don't like using that one because it freezes and then the screen turns black and either it turns off by itself, or I have to turn it off. I had the same trouble with the version before this one which was why I had to go back to the other one. I tried to get help with it, but nothing happened.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpretender View Post
Okay, it's still having trouble converting html to LRF.
Since this works for everyone else it would probably be best to help you get this working on your system. What error do you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3write1day View Post
I never had any luck at all with Calibre. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time to do its thing. I tried to convert to ePub from a Word docx. It was stuck converting for 8 hours. I finally gave up and downloaded Atlantis. Works much better.
This is due to saving it as a Web page with all of the MS doc junk cluttering up the html. Atlantis dumps most of this junk and sounds like a good solution for you. If you ever try calibre again make sure you save the Word docx as html (filtered) prior to adding the html to calibre.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-16-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Cleaning up my clutter
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
lilpretender
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=dwanthny;1399465]Since this works for everyone else it would probably be best to help you get this working on your system. What error do you get?

It says it won't convert and then when I clicked on why it had this. I've never had trouble with stories on this site. The only site that I've had trouble sometimes is Livejournal.

It says this:
File "parser.pxi", line 1417, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71041)
File "parser.pxi", line 898, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:67581)
File "parser.pxi", line 539, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64257)
File "parser.pxi", line 625, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:65178)
File "parser.pxi", line 565, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64521)
XMLSyntaxError: xmlParseEntityRef: no name, line 6, column 79

Parsing file 'Were%20Happy%20Tonight%20-%20NCIS429.htm' as HTML
Forcing Were%20Happy%20Tonight%20-%20NCIS429.htm into XHTML namespace
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Property: No ":" after name found: u'align=center' [1:182: center] (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 110, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 904, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\html\input.py", line 294, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\html\input.py", line 373, in create_oebbook
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.py", line 232, in rewrite_links
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\__init__.py", line 204, in parseStyle
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\cssstyledeclaration.py", line 178, in __setattr__
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\cssstyledeclaration.py", line 318, in _setCssText
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\util.py", line 406, in _parse
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\cssstyledeclaration.py", line 294, in ident
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\property.py", line 134, in _setCssText
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\errorhandler.py", line 96, in __handle
xml.dom.SyntaxErr: Property: No ":" after name found: u'align=center' [1:182: center]
lilpretender is online now Add to lilpretender's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
hard13
Enthusiast
hard13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
well if you're calibre get freezeee maybe it's because uncompatibility with OS. try troubleshoot compatibility, right click the mouse on calibre shortcut or if you want to install new one right click the installer and search compatibility option ( maybe in properties) and choose windows xp os for this software. in windows 7 just right click then click troubleshoot compatibility..it's works for me

hope this help
hard13 is offline   Reply With Quote