Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #6271
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Back in The USSR
Georgia on My Mind
Wish They All Could Be California Girls
Nothing Could Be Finer than to be in Carolina
Pennsylvania 6-5000
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #6272
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Kansas City
Francis Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle
Detroit City
Sweet Home Chicago
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #6273
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I wish I was back home in Derry (before Edmund FitzGerald)
Hills of Tyroll
Brisbane Waters
Brisbane Ladies (based on Spanish Ladies)
Augathella Station
Lachlan Tigers
Flash Jack from Gundagai
Road to Gundagai (originally Bundaberg)
I've been to Bali too
I've been everywhere man (does everywhere count?)
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #6274
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

White Cliffs of Dover
Bristol Stomp
The Last Time I Saw Paris
Istanbul not Constantinople
My Own Private Idaho

Last edited by issybird; 03-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #6275
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Galway Girl
City of Chicago
Mull of Kintyre
Loch Lomond - oops beaten by hamlet
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #6276
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

A Foggy Day in London Town
A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square
Men of Harlech
On, Wisconsin
Philadelphia Freedom
St. Louis Blues

Last edited by issybird; 03-24-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #6277
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I'll Take Manhattan
Arkansas Traveler
City of New Orleans
Rule Britannia
Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #6278
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Chattanooga Choo Choo
Everything's Up to Date in Kansas City
Meet Me in St Louis
From Russia With Love

Four Kiwi ones:
God Defend New Zealand
Tea in Te Kuiti
Taumaranui on the Main Trunk Line
By the Dog Dosing Strip at Dunsandel
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #6279
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Turkey in the Straw.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #6280
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
New songs from youngster

Landing in London - 3 Doors Down
Europe's Skies - Alexander Rybak
Casablanca - Bertie Higgins
Vienna - Billy Joel
Hotel California - Eagles
White America - Eminem
London Bridge - Fergie
American Idiot - Green Day
Atlantic - Keane
American Honey - Lady Antebellum
Hollywood - Michael Bublé
Atlantis is calling - Modern Talking
Turkish March - Mozart (is this a song...?)
Arabian Nights - Bruce Adler
Mombasa - Hans Zimmer
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 AM   #6281
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
We are truly blessed... we have such popular numbers as that world-wide chart buster; By the Dog Dosing Strip at Dunsandel (lets give it an 8... ruff words but you can dance to it!) And that ever popular Bristol Stomp by the Dovells from 1961!!
Kids in Bristol are sharp as a pistol when they do the Bristol Stomp! Really somethin when they join in jumpin when they do the Bristol Stomp!

And Orlok hasn't even clocked in yet, but he might well get shut out by Anh with her Hotel California!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #6282
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
(Back from a couple of days at the beach house.) Here are some more Aussie ones:

Five Miles from Gundagai (the polite version is that the dog sat on the tuckerbox, but it actually did something much worse in the food container!)
The Streets of Forbes
Cockies of Bungaree
Van Diemen's Land
Eubalong Ball
Linger Longer at Yarrawonga (yes, really!)

and then there's:

The Marseillaise
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #6283
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Is "Five Miles from Gundagai" different from "The Road to Gundagai?" I'd hate to not give credit where it's due, but need to be careful about doubles.

And we need a ruling on Issybird's "Turkey in the Straw." I think that if we can allow Orlok's "Eve of Distruction" we should permit "Turkey in the Straw" however bad the pun...

And no one has even mentioned the wonderful oldie by Les Paul and Mary Ford! Or the song recorded in 1954 by Kaye Ballard, or the 1958 pop song by English singer Laurie London. Come on, folks. I'm waiting....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #6284
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Five Miles from Gundagai

I'm used to punchin' bullock teams across the hills and plains.
I've teamed outback for forty years through bleedin' hail and rain.
I've lived a lot of troubles down, without a bloomin' lie,
But I can't forget what happened just five miles from Gundagai.

'Twas getting dark, the team got bored, the axle snapped in two.
I lost me matches and me pipe, so what was I to do?
The rain it was coming on, and hungry too was I,
And me dog shat in me tucker-box five miles from Gundagai.

Some blokes I know have stacks of luck, no matter where they fall,
But there was I, Lord love a duck, no bloody luck at all.
I couldn't heat a pot of tea or keep me trousers dry,
And me dog shat in me tucker-box five miles from Gundagai.

Now, I can forgive the bleedin' team, I can forgive the rain.
I can forgive the damp and cold and go through it again.
I can forgive the rotten luck, but 'ang me till I die,
I can't forgive that bloody dog, five miles from Gundagai.

This is different from "The Road to Gundagai", which I shall have to post separately.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 03-25-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #6285
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

There's a scene that lingers in my memory –
Of an old bush home and friends I long to see –
That's why I am yearning
Just to be returning
Along the road to Gundagai –

There's a track winding back
To an old-fashioned shack
Where the blue gums are growing
And the Murrumbidgee's flowing
Beneath that sunny sky –
Where my daddy and mother
Are waiting for me
And the pals of my childhood
Once more I will see.
Then no more will I roam,
When I'm heading right for home
Along the road to Gundagai.

When I get back there I'll be a kid again –
Oh! I'll never have a thought of grief or pain –
Once more I'll be playing
Where the gums are swaying

I vote that Issy's "Turkey in the Straw" should get points - I love it!