Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
What comes on a Kindle Fire by default?

I've searched and not had a whole lot of luck. Searching for much of anything with "app" as a search parameter returns far too many items to even attempt to sort through.

I'll keep this simple.

What apps/games/etc. come on the default, out-of-the-box Kindle Fire?

Thanks.

- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfollowell View Post
I've searched and not had a whole lot of luck. Searching for much of anything with "app" as a search parameter returns far too many items to even attempt to sort through.

I'll keep this simple.

What apps/games/etc. come on the default, out-of-the-box Kindle Fire?

Thanks.

- Byron Followell
Pulse\Facebook\IMDB\Quick Office\Gallery\Email are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
+ Audible, Comics, The Weather Channel, Vanity Fair, ESPN Scoreboard, Words With Friends, Contacts, Help & Feedback. That's all I can think of.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Netflix too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
+ Audible, Comics, The Weather Channel, Vanity Fair, ESPN Scoreboard, Words With Friends, Contacts, Help & Feedback. That's all I can think of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Netflix too.

Carol
The ones in bold did not come on my Fire. I do not have them installed either. I see some of them on the Cloud though.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Funny No one mentioned Amazon Instant Movies.... Does it Not come with that?? & what about the Kindle for eBooks app? [Dont have FIRE just wondering.]
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Funny No one mentioned Amazon Instant Movies.... Does it Not come with that?? & what about the Kindle for eBooks app? [Dont have FIRE just wondering.]
Oh yes, well there's also the "top level apps" of Newstand (magazine/newpaper reader), Books (ebook reader), Music (MP3 player), Video (store and streaming) Docs (personal doc reader), the App Store and the Silk Browser.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Thanks Guys.

That gives me a pretty good idea.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

The Video/Books/News mention above are built into the O/S. They can't be access through the app shelf. Android is made up of app like components. Settings, App manger, Silent Installer....etc I don't really look as them as pre-installed apps. They are parts of the Hybrid Android system that Amazon has Designed.

Now that my Fire is charged I can tell you the pre-installed apps that come on the Fire.
  • Pulse
  • Facebook
  • Gallery
  • QuickOffice
  • Audible
  • Contacts
  • Email
  • IMDB
  • Amazon Shop
  • Help & Feedback

These can't be removed and you don't need the Amazon Store access to download them. The other apps mention are added to your Amazon App Cloud when you purchase the Fire. So they have to be downloaded and installed.