Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Metadata for series?

Hi there,

hope someone can help me ...

with my epubs I edit my metadata in Sigil so Calibre gets the right infos from the start ...

is there a field I can fill that is recognized to by the series tag inside calibre?

Greetings,

Uluhara
Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there is no standard series field in the EPUB spec, so I dont think Sigil has one either. calibre uses a simple schema to save non standard metadata to EPUBs. Just do a save to disk from calibre and look at the OPF file inside the resulting EPUB to see how calibre does it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
thank you - not what I wanted to hear, though ...

If it wasn't so sad one could laugh about it - they defined an ebook standard - and then forgot the series

how about you set the standard? Just take one of those metadata fields and tell calibre "if something is in there, past it into your series field"? Perhaps you can set an industrie standard through the back door?

Now I will go and see if I can take your opf info into the opf inside the ebook and get calibre to show them on import ...

Update:

Kovid, you rock !

Copy and past works like a charm

Uluhara

Last edited by Uluhara; 04-24-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
lhumble
lhumble began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hrm! I had the same question. I did as Kovid suggested, but still can't see where in the .opf Calibre is saving series metadata. Any advice Uluhara? Is "type" an appropriate element in which to store series metadata?
lhumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhumble View Post
Hrm! I had the same question. I did as Kovid suggested, but still can't see where in the .opf Calibre is saving series metadata. Any advice Uluhara? Is "type" an appropriate element in which to store series metadata?
Look for elements of the form
<meta content="series name" name="calibre:series"/>
<meta content="some number" name="calibre:series_index"/>
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uluhara View Post
thank you - not what I wanted to hear, though ...

If it wasn't so sad one could laugh about it - they defined an ebook standard - and then forgot the series

how about you set the standard? Just take one of those metadata fields and tell calibre "if something is in there, past it into your series field"? Perhaps you can set an industrie standard through the back door?

Now I will go and see if I can take your opf info into the opf inside the ebook and get calibre to show them on import ...

Update:

Kovid, you rock !

Copy and past works like a charm

Uluhara

That's actually a very interesting concept... (setting the standard using the backdoor approach) maybe it could be accomplished
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Feels like I am providing fish instead of teaching how to fish...
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I'm feeling more like being teached which fish are edible...
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Feels like I am providing fish instead of teaching how to fish...
I think we all feel like that sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I'm feeling more like being teached which fish are edible...
There are no inedible fish in the Calibre pond. There are, however, those that will rip your face off and horribly maim you if you poke them in the wrong place
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I think we all feel like that sometimes
In the Recipe Forum users are not discouraged from asking for fish, but there is a shortage of fishermen with time to do the fishing for all those who want fish. I mostly stick to "how to fish" questions (and share my fish from fishing trips I'm interested in and would go on anyway), but anyone who knows how to fish and wants to do some fishing in that pond would be gratefully received by the many hungry users hanging around the shoreline there.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I could probably learn that specific type of fishing pretty quickly, but I have no personal interest...
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
In the Recipe Forum users are not discouraged from asking for fish, but there is a shortage of fishermen with time to do the fishing for all those who want fish. I mostly stick to "how to fish" questions (and share my fish from fishing trips I'm interested in and would go on anyway), but anyone who knows how to fish and wants to do some fishing in that pond would be gratefully received by the many hungry users hanging around the shoreline there.
eat more chicken!
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I could probably learn that specific type of fishing pretty quickly, but I have no personal interest...
That's the problem. Many hungry users hanker for fish from their local area. Those fish have limited appeal except to the local palate. It takes time to catch fish and fish from distant locales tend to be of minor interest to the experienced fishermen who prefer to catch fish that will be eaten more widely.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I said fish once, but I think I got away with it
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote