Roscopcoletrain
Roscopcoletrain began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Right, so now we need to figure the work around
Roscopcoletrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #242
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I ordered a book last night and so far it's working. I have read a few pages.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #243
Roscopcoletrain

Hmmm maybe its only certain books, or maybe since you've purchased in the past ok, they don't check?

Im still curious if the gift card will allow it if I use the hotspot shield
Old 12-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #244
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscopcoletrain View Post
Right, so now we need to figure the work around
Tonight I have bought an USunlocked card (www.usunlocked.com).
This is a virtual US Discover debit card, registered to an US billing address.
Of course this service is not free. You pay a small amount when loading the card (you pay about $109 when loading $100). You also have to pay a monthly fee of $4,50. See the USunlocked FAQ for the details.

When my ID has been verified, and money has been loaded on the card (probably next week), I will test the card to buy e-books from B&N.
I will post my experience on this forum.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #245
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I purchased two books last night without any problem. I was thinking it might be because people had their real address at first and then changed it to a US address. This might have sent up a red flag.

When i made my account I used the US address then and (just to be on the safe side, don't know if it is needed) I use alwaysVPN then when I did it.

(I use an Australian Visa card)

Maybe make a new account and see if it works
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #246
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

I have always had a US address as well on my B&N account, and my billing was always set as the same.

From what I understand, you can use giftcards, but B&N still goes by your credit card. So if your credit card is out of money, even though you are using a GC, the purchase won't go through.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #247
Roscopcoletrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
I have always had a US address as well on my B&N account, and my billing was always set as the same.

From what I understand, you can use giftcards, but B&N still goes by your credit card. So if your credit card is out of money, even though you are using a GC, the purchase won't go through.
But do you need a us billing address to use that giftcard is what Im getting at?

ex, I buy a $10 giftcard, use hotspot, would that work?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #248
Care
Aes Sedai

I don't know, I have never used a GC before. If you try it you'll have to let us know if it works.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #249
Roscopcoletrain

will do! Purchased the GC, just waiting for the email now. will update
Old 12-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #250
Roscopcoletrain

Well seems like this may be an error on my part. Expiery date on my visa was wrong. Corrected, used hotspot and the us billing addy, and bought a book. Been a few hrs and seems like its gone through no problem.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #251
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
Even if you use a gift card, it still checks your billing address.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 AM   #252
Roscopcoletrain

right, they check their system, but not with the CC company. Been 12 hrs now and my purchase was approved. Looks like it was just an error on my part.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #253
Care
Aes Sedai

Oh good, you figured it out. I was getting worried that they were cracking down on us International users.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #254
Roscopcoletrain

yeah Im pretty excited knowing its all good
Old 12-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #255
latinojim
latinojim began at the beginning.

Device: NOOKcolor
NOOKColor in Puerto Rico

Please, if anyone out there has a NOOK or NOOKcolor in Puerto Rico, I could really use your help. I got a NOOKcolor for the holidays with a bunch of accesories and a $50 egift card. I can't use the gift card or purchase books because I get an error that states I can not purchase ebooks because my billing address is outside the US. This is totally insane, my wife purchased all that with a credit card that has a Puerto Rico billing address! At no point was she even warned that people in Puerto Rico would have a problem purchasing ebooks. I called customer support a few days ago. The person at customer support told me that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. People in Puerto Rico should be able to buy ebooks. He told me to call back within a few days.

Called customer support again today. They say that there should be no problem with a Puerto Rico billing address. The rep had me try and change my billing address several times but each time the state field in the address kept disappearing on their end. I try to keep the country as United States since we are technically part of the US, but when I try that it says I have to change the country to Puerto Rico. I think this is where the problem lies. They either have to let people with Puerto Rico address choose United States as the country or add Puerto Rico as an authorized country to purchase books. I read on facebook that people from Canada are having similar problems. I was told that someone would contact me within 48 hours. I'll post again if I hear anything.
latinojim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b&n, barnes and noble, international, nook, overseas