Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Amazon says:
November 19, 2007 09:45:21 PM US Carrier notified to pick up package

and UPS says:
Tracking Number: 1Z 410 E7W 13 4643 988 1
Type: Package
Shipped/Billed On: 11/19/2007
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Weight: 4.00 Lbs

If I don't get it tomorrow I will be more than a little pissed.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:18 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If I don't get it tomorrow I will be more than a little pissed.
Good luck!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #18
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
You know, you kids have it easy ... you just click a button and there's your stuff ... I remember the old days, when we first had to bully the manufacturer of an e-reader into selling it to us ... and even then it would take forever until you got it ... and tracking it was a nightmare ... and don't even talk to me about the price ... what is the world coming to ... grumble mumble ...
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo View Post
You know, you kids have it easy ... you just click a button and there's your stuff ... I remember the old days, when we first had to bully the manufacturer of an e-reader into selling it to us ... and even then it would take forever until you got it ... and tracking it was a nightmare ... and don't even talk to me about the price ... what is the world coming to ... grumble mumble ...
LOL, I remember the old days when an ereader meant microfiche and begging the librarian to order a book that you were lucky to see in a year or two.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally the tracking updated. It's out for delivery today. I am currently waiting for a callback from the distribution center with a time estimate.
Advert
Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #21
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Great, Nate! If I hadn't been half asleep early yesterday morning I would've gone for the overnight shipping. Mine'll be here tomorrow.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #22
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Mine's out for delivery as well, so I should get it in a few hours today. I wonder who gonna be the first MobileRead member to get it?
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #23
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Mine's out for delivery as well, so I should get it in a few hours today. I wonder who gonna be the first MobileRead member to get it?
Me!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #24
tsgreer
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Me!!!!!!!
Ok, then that means you'll have to write the first review and comparison to the Sony Reader!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #25
tsgreer

Looks like Thistledown already got his...
Old 11-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #26
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
I would love to know what the sales numbers on these things are - the current date for delivery is 11/29, and they're listed as 'sold out'.
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #27
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I just ordered and my estimated delivery is December 4. *sigh*
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #28
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I just ordered and my estimated delivery is December 4. *sigh*
Yeah - I think 11/29 is the estimated ship date.
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #29
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Yep. They're still estimating on the purchase page that it'll ship 11/29. But 11/29 + 2 day shipping != 12/4. It's 4 business days. I'm just warning folks in case they thought they might actually get it in their hands by the 30th. I was going to upgrade to overnight since I'm a Prime member and I have a story-reading party that weekend but it looks like it won't matter.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #30
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Yep. They're still estimating on the purchase page that it'll ship 11/29. But 11/29 + 2 day shipping != 12/4. It's 4 business days. I'm just warning folks in case they thought they might actually get it in their hands by the 30th. I was going to upgrade to overnight since I'm a Prime member and I have a story-reading party that weekend but it looks like it won't matter.
It's always been my experience with Amazon that they add a few business days to estimated delivery dates. I almost always receive things from them in advance of the date they quote.
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote