Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Moon+ Reader Pro formatting

Quick question, hopefully someone can help.

Moon+ Reader is the only epub reader that isn't formatting books correctly. The text is doing okay, but things like a line under a chapter, or the image between sections within a chapter aren't loading properly.

This is the only application that this is happening with.

The line is a big grey block and the image between sections within a chapter is this sort of broken think.

I've tried various themes and backgrounds thinking it might have been some sort of transparency issue, but to no avail.

This is the ONLY ebook reader on android that I have this issue with.

Funny thing is when you go to "Publisher view" it looks exactly like it should.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:47 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That's because when not in Publisher View, it's overriding the CSS and doing a poor job of it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:48 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's because when not in Publisher View, it's overriding the CSS and doing a poor job of it.
Weird, so how do you keep it from overriding the CSS?

I don't have the "Disable CSS" checked.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:51 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The solution is to find a better app for reading ePub that doesn't override the CSS in such a way that it displays poorly.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:52 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The solution is to find a better app for reading ePub that doesn't override the CSS.
LOL, well, hopefully I find one. I really dig most of Moon+ Pro
Old 06-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
look closely at preferences. there are lots of detailed expandable preferences that affect which css things moon changes and which it leaves alone
you may have to be within an open book & then access them within the many preferences screens - they are there -somewhere !
otherwise, if it makes a mess of one particular book then edit the books styles for that book in calibre or sigil, to something that renders better
i would delete the between-sections image and replace with a simple *** [ using find replace all regex ] and I'd delete the header underline thing- which probably is also a decorative image

Last edited by stumped; 06-17-2017 at 01:57 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
look closely at preferences. there are lots of detailed expandable preferences that affect which css things moon changes and which it leaves alone
you may have to be within an open book & then access them within the many preferences screens - they are there -somewhere !
otherwise, if it makes a mess of one particular book then edit the books styles for that book in calibre or sigil, to something that renders better
i would delete the between-sections image and replace with a simple *** [ using find replace all regex ] and I'd delete the header underline thing- which probably is also a decorative image
If you have to do all that work because Moon+ isn't rendering it correctly, then Moon+ needs to go. That is simple stuff that should be rendered correctly.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So , name a better android epub reader for us less enlightened ones to consider

I rate moon pro , all brings considered, as the best there is, and I have tried every premium reader in the play store.
Also, there is nothing wrong with installing more than one reader, they are all cheap and will happily coexist, and if one is better suited to some genre, academic texts say or graphic novels, then switch apps as needed
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I don't use Android. I just know that a decent Reading app should be able to render simple things correctly and Moon+ does not seem to be doing so.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #10
stumped
Wizard

In moon, with the book open..
Go to misc options, find disable css, tap the gear symbol to expand that option then you have a list of specific toggles to work with...
Old 06-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

The only thing that it would be disabling when I hit the "disable css" was the Justify alignment.

Right now, Bookari seems to be a great choice. I used to have Montano a long time ago, and it looks like they put the Bookari Premium onto my account.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #12
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
The only thing that it would be disabling when I hit the "disable css" was the Justify alignment.

Right now, Bookari seems to be a great choice. I used to have Montano a long time ago, and it looks like they put the Bookari Premium onto my account.
Bookari is good at honouring css, [ too good really - you have to strip the line-height CSS from your books in order to have bookari theme set it instead ]; but on my Fire HDX ( via google services install) it is buggy, the renderer will suddenly act as if the screen has shrunk to quarter sized.
and is does not show pages remaining in chapter
it is my #2 choice of reader app
Old 03-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #13
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Hello, I have a doubt. I am using Moon + reader and I would like to know if you could tell how to read a word. example if we read a book in Spanish and you say that you read. Will it be possible?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello, I have a doubt. I am using Moon + reader and I would like to know if you could tell how to read a word. example if we read a book in Spanish and you say that you read. Will it be possible?
Are you trying to translate? If so you may want to know that Moon+Reader Pro uses the google translate function either via the browser or the google translate app if available. I would suggest you check with http://moondownload.com/faq.html and then ask the question directly to the folks that designed it. I suspect they are not going to let you customize the speech engine, but you won't know until you ask.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #15
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Are you trying to translate? If so you may want to know that Moon+Reader Pro uses the google translate function either via the browser or the google translate app if available. I would suggest you check with http://moondownload.com/faq.html and then ask the question directly to the folks that designed it. I suspect they are not going to let you customize the speech engine, but you won't know until you ask.

Dale
Ok DaleDe

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote