Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #61
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Why are we only discussing tv shows in this context? Oh well. Hm. I'm imagining Dr. Who as interpretive dance... well, struggling to imagine it, anyway. I could see it as a stage musical, though.
For a Dr. Who stage musical, I'd want Gilbert and Sullivan composing...

"I am the Doctor of my li'l TARDIS, and a right good TARDIS too..."

"I am the very model of a short Sonoran General..."

"...and I never land at the-- wrong-- time!" "What, never?" "No, never!" "What, never?" "...Well hardly everrrrrrrr!"
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #62
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We already have a resident Dahlek here at MR!

(Cue HarryT and the chorus)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #63
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Jeez, I didn't think anyone else would recognize that one! Good job!
Must have been before my time.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #64
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Must have been before my time.
I've got one for all you old coots out there:

Doe's eat oats,
And mares eat oats,
But little lambs
Eat ivy.

'Member that one?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #65
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I've got one for all you old coots out there:

Doe's eat oats,
And mares eat oats,
But little lambs
Eat ivy.

'Member that one?
And kid's will eat ivy too, wouldn't you???

Actually, its Mares eats oats and does eat oats,
and little lambs eat ivy
and kid'll eat ivy too wouldn't you?
If the words sound queer, and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivy
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #66
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The most perplexing ditty I ever heard. For decades I could only hear:

Dozy-dotes, and marezy-dotes but liddel-lamzy-divey
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #67
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
But they all sing this tune:

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"

Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #68
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Whatever happened to the Chainsaw Juggler?
He was a good friend of mine.
And how did you learn to kiss like that?
Said the man to his German shepherd ....

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #69
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
♪♫ "Little boxes on the hillside ..." ♫♪

And they're made of, what, boys and girls?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #70
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Umm... not to do it with scissors?...
And here I thought you never listened!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #71
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
In such parameters as are so diaphanous, I would proclaim myself as perfectly normal, per the innate notions and actions that are normative to me.
Dude...you've got tentacles on your face. Though, I concede again, everyone is normal if you narrow your parameters enough. Goo-goo-ga-joob.

Quote:
In other words, y'all are just a bunch of loons!
...but do we taste like chicken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Reminiscent of the inflatable schoolboy summoned to the inflatable headmaster's office at the inflatable school - 'You've let me down, you've let the school down and, worst of all, you've let yourself down."
{insert one of Queen Zee's trademark groans}

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
And when storytelling dies out, we will tell the stories through interpretive dance. I call dibs on telling The Simpsons!
I call dibs on the Encyclopædia Britannica and Wikipedia - Compare and Contrast (The Musical!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
♪♫ "Little boxes on the hillside ..." ♫♪

And they're made of, what, boys and girls?
♪♫ "Little boxes made of ticky tacky...and sticks and snails and puppy dogs' tails and sugar and spice and all things nice ..." ♫♪

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #72
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
♪♫ "Little boxes made of ticky tacky...and sticks and snails and puppy dogs' tails and sugar and spice and all things nice ..." ♫♪
... somehow I don't remember that part.

Though "ticky-tacky" was the answer I was looking for.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #73
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
There's a pink one, and a green one, and a blue one (next to the fish), and a yellow one...
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #74
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
And kid's will eat ivy too, wouldn't you???

Actually, its Mares eats oats and does eat oats,
and little lambs eat ivy
and kid'll eat ivy too wouldn't you?
If the words sound queer, and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivy
I always associate that tune with the TV show "Twin Peaks". One of the characters sang it and really creeped me out.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #75
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
... somehow I don't remember that part.
It was it the '93 Vanilla Ice mashup-remix. It didn't do well on the charts.

Quote:
Though "ticky-tacky" was the answer I was looking for.
My house looks like a big, white shoebox.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness