Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
All Romance eBooks / OmniLit to close on 12/31/16

From the site(s) main page...
Quote:
It is with a great sadness that we announce the closing of All Romance eBooks, LLC. For the first year since opening in 2006, we will be posting a loss. Despite efforts to maintain and grow our market share, sales and profits have declined. The financial forecast for 2017 isn't hopeful. We've accepted that there is not a viable path forward.

All Romance has always been a labor of love. Over the years we've developed wonderful relationships with the vendors we've worked with, the publishers whose content it's been our pleasure to sell, the authors who supported us, and the customers who it's been our honor to serve. On midnight, December 31 our sites will go dark. Between now and then, we encourage consumers finalize any transactions, download purchases, and back up libraries.

If you directly publish content for sale through our platform or All Romance has acted as your publisher via our Publishing in Partnership program, you should be in receipt of an email from us with additional information. If not, please contact us at info@allromanceebooks.com.
https://www.omnilit.com
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/

EDIT: Some publishers are offering to honor pre-orders (which ARe pre-charged for) directly...

Dreamspinner Press
Quote:
W/ @allromance closure, if you preordered Dreamspinner title, forward receipt and we'll honor via our store contactATdreamspinnerpressDOTcom
Interlude Press
Quote:
If you have preordered any IP titles from @allromance, send us confirmation (screenshot or receipt) and we'll honor at the IP Web Store
Quote:
If you are unable to download any IP titles you have already purchased from @allromance, send us a screenshot and we’ll send you a new copy.
NineStar Press
Quote:
It seems ARe is not refunding preorders. Send the confirmation email to Raevyn@ninestarpress.com. I will make sure you receive the book(s).
LT3 Press
Quote:
we've got you covered & will send you the book.

please also indicate the format you'd like: PDF, mobi, epub, or All Formats

we're going to make this easy for ppl: if you pre-ordered an LT3 title on ARe, forward the receipt to service@lessthanthreepress.com

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-28-2016 at 11:10 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Wow! lots of notice
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Wow! lots of notice
Yes, I thought the same thing. Hope everyone who has stuff from them has it backed up and gets any credit they might have spent in the next few days.
Old 12-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Looks like they aren't paying authors what they owe them either, at least that's what some Facebook posts are accusing them of...
Quote:
All Romance, are you honestly advertising a sale when you just told your authors that you're planning on only paying them ten cents to the dollar for sales made in Q4?
Quote:
Seriously? Where is the announcement that you're closing in 3 days without paying any of the authors what you owe them? That you've accepted readers' money for the last 3 months knowing all along it wouldn't be going to the authors whose books they were buying? That's worth a facebook post or two, I'd think.
https://www.facebook.com/AllRomance/
Old 12-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
They are offering authors 10 cents to the dollar for all fourth quarter royalties or they will file for bankruptcy, the email was posted on Facebook. Its despicable.

I have over 450 ebooks with them. They are closing in three days. I should have them all in calibre but i don't have time to check and unfortunately I have a discrepancy between my are folder and the number of books they say I have purchased. I'm probably not going to try and do a tickback, i don't have the energy.

It's a mess and this is the 8th retailer/publisher i've bought with who've done this.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They have also frozen any customer credits and are not refunding any money so god knows what happens for pre orders they have taken money for. This is part of the reason why Amazon have no competition, no one trusts publishers/ebook sellers any more.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Apparently they had also announced that they'd pre-sold all of the 2017 ad space (which is pretty pricey I guess) on their website too. Wonder what'll happen with that.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-28-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Apparently they had also announced that they'd pre-sold all of the 2017 ad space (which is pretty pricey I guess) on their website too. Wonder what'll happen with that.
No doubt its money no one will ever see. They are stealing as much as they can before they declare bankruptcy. I can't see them not doing that.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

The full letter to authors/publishers can be read here for anyone interested...
http://karenknowsbest.com/2016/12/28...ks-is-closing/
Old 12-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
They have also frozen any customer credits and are not refunding any money so god knows what happens for pre orders they have taken money for. This is part of the reason why Amazon have no competition, no one trusts publishers/ebook sellers any more.
Where does it say this that they have frozen store credit? No refunds on pre-orders?

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
This is part of the reason why Amazon have no competition, no one trusts publishers/ebook sellers any more.
I would argue that those among us who used OmniLit/ARe as our main source of eBooks did so because we did trust them. At least we did until this fustercluck of a shut-down started.

I still maintain, if they approached all their decisions with the forethought and common sense they are showing with this one, there is no wonder they weren't able to stay in business.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Where does it say this that they have frozen store credit? No refunds on pre-orders?

Sent from my XT1528
Customers are reporting on Facebook that ebucks are frozen and can't be used. Dreamspinner have offered to cover any of their authors pre orders on ARE upon proof of purchase. The general consensus, considering their email to authors, is that no refunds for pre orders will be paid out. They have also sold all add space for next year.

They are taking every penny they can. My Facebook is full of pissed off and angry authors and customers.

Plus they shut down the site on Saturday night, consequently it is slow, hanging and crashing as authors rush to deactivate books and readers try to download books.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I would argue that those among us who used OmniLit/ARe as our main source of eBooks did so because we did trust them. At least we did until this fustercluck of a shut-down started.

I still maintain, if they approached all their decisions with the forethought and common sense they are showing with this one, there is no wonder they weren't able to stay in business.

Too many publishers have shut in the last few years leaving authors high and dry and taking all the money, plus with the Eloras Cave mess ongoing it's surprising we actually have any authors willing to write and sell ebooks any more. I can see a future of only Amazon and only KU, it's a frightening future.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #14
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Further fun fact:

Your wishlist on ARe is about to become null and void, if it isn't, already. I used mine extensively, but two thirds of it has gone missing. I can only assume that the authors have removed their books from the site, and by extension, from my wishlist. This would annoy me if I had not seen the comments on the ARe Facebook page. Now, I wish these authors all the best.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Too many publishers have shut in the last few years leaving authors high and dry and taking all the money, plus with the Eloras Cave mess ongoing it's surprising we actually have any authors willing to write and sell ebooks any more. I can see a future of only Amazon and only KU, it's a frightening future.
Which is why we need to find another independent store or publisher to support, and keep trying to support the alternatives to Amazon.

With the exception, of course, of any alternatives that associate with Lori James of ARe.