Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #31
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipro12 View Post
Hi, tshering. I'm excited for the release and development of ksm8. I have been using KSM7 with my kobo h2o since summer and have been happy with it. I want to ask what are the changes from KSM7 to KSM8?
All files of previous KSM versions were located on the user partition. The advantage of this was that the user could easily access any KSM file. There was however a downside to this. When any executable which is located on the user partition is running you cannot unmount the user partition cleanly. And this can lead to problems when using the device as usb storage. The problem that actually was reported concerned corruption of the database used by nickel.

I therefore split KSM 8 into two parts, one located on the user partition so that you have easy access to at least part of the files, and the other on the system partition in order to allow proper unmounting. All other changes were minor improvements or bug fixes.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #32
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
I really appreciate this split, I didn't know why my database always went corrupt after connecting via Calibre.
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2015, 06:13 AM   #33
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
Hi,
I have installed the "on demand" version of autoshelf... I found it in the user scripts folder in KSM8, launched it, the update screen appeared, and then got back to KSM.
And now... I meet the old upside down bug
If you want to hunt it, I am ready for tests

Last edited by myki; 11-16-2015 at 08:05 AM.
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #34
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myki View Post
Hi,
I have installed the "on demand" version of autoshelf... I found it in the user scripts folder in KSM8, launched it, the update screen appeared, and then got back to KSM.
And now... I meet the old upside down bug
If you want to hunt it, I am ready for tests
I guess you installed autoshelf_on_demand.zip from this post instead the newer version autoshelf_on_demand_02.zip (from the same post). If this is the case, please use the newer version. Be aware that autoshelf_on_demand_02.sh is based on KoboRoot-AutoShelf-3.16.10.zip. I did not follow the changes Frostschutz did since then, so I do not know what you will be missing.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #35
tshering
Wizard

@myki
I simply had to quell my curiosity and look at the most recent autoshelf script. So here is autoshelf_on_demand_03.sh. If you want to try it copy it to .adds/kbmenu_user/scripts, and run it by selecting
(home) "user scripts" > "autoshelf on demand 03.sh"

If you want to use the configuration file copy .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.example.cfg (which I included in the archive for your convenience) to your device, and follow Frostschutz's instructions ("In order to use this file, rename it to .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.cfg").

Warning: Since I do not have my Kobo reader with me I was unable to test this script myself.
Edit: The first script I uploaded did not work as expected. I therefore replaced it since by the corrected version. This time I did run the script myself and it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: zip autoshelf_on_demand_03.zip (3.5 KB, 733 views)

Last edited by tshering; 11-17-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Advert
Old 11-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #36
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I was about to install the up to date version, and give up the "on demand" option.
Thanks to you I will have the on demand and the last work of frostschutz, thank you very much tshering
I will post the result here...
Old 11-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #37
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
@myki
I simply had to quell my curiosity and look at the most recent autoshelf script. So here is autoshelf_on_demand_03.sh. If you want to try it copy it to .adds/kbmenu_user/user_scripts, and run it by selecting
(home) "user scripts" > "autoshelf on demand 03.sh"

If you want to use the configuration file copy .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.example.cfg (which I included in the archive for your convenience) to your device, and follow Frostschutz's instructions ("In order to use this file, rename it to .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.cfg").

Warning: Since I do not have my Kobo reader with me I was unable to test this script myself.
Thanks for this little helps with other utilities!
For some unknow reason I can't give you karma
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:47 AM   #38
myki
Zealot

I suppose it didn't work for me, as I get an arrow on the top left of the page, turning around. I let it turn a very long time in case that it was the normal way, but it never ended up. So I installed the standard version, and it worked well.

I can let it like that, I don't want to take your time with another tool than KSM.

1) Concerning KSM, when I first tried to install the script in the system partition, the "cp to sysmirror" function never appeared.
2) When I erased the database in nickel, the png's disappeared. I have copied them again, showed up them to make it build the thumnnails, but they don't work anymore.
Can you remind me when they work, when they don't, please ? I think they work in just one case, when nickel is launched directly or when I launch it manually in KSM, can't remember when.

Thanks for your help, and all of your work ! Now I have met no database corruptions...
Old 11-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #39
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
I suppose it didn't work for me, as I get an arrow on the top left of the page, turning around.
This is how it is supposed to work.
Quote:
I let it turn a very long time in case that it was the normal way, but it never ended up.
How long it takes depends on the number of books. I guess you did not wait long enough. Maybe I try it myself tonight and see whether I did something wrong. Edit: I did try. You were right the animation does never stop. I have corrected the script and re-uploaded it.

Quote:
1) Concerning KSM, when I first tried to install the script in the system partition, the "cp to sysmirror" function never appeared.
Where did you look for it? By the way, I would not install this script on the system partition, especially not before having tested it on the user partition. Only those scripts that are expected to run while the device is being connected via usb must be located on the system partition.

Quote:
2) When I erased the database in nickel, the png's disappeared. I have copied them again, showed up them to make it build the thumnnails, but they don't work anymore.
Can you remind me when they work, when they don't, please ? I think they work in just one case, when nickel is launched directly or when I launch it manually in KSM, can't remember when.
The pngs only work if they are already known to the database BEFORE nickel is started. Therefore, they should work the next time you start nickel.

Last edited by tshering; 11-17-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #40
tshering
Wizard

I edited my response to myki above and uploaded the corrected autoshelf_on_demand_03.zip to post 35
Old 11-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #41
myki
Zealot

Quote:
I edited my response to myki above and uploaded the corrected autoshelf_on_demand_03.zip to post 35
Il worked like a charm, thank you very much tshering

I checked my reader and the pngs (to exit or go to koreader) just work when I launch Nickel manually from KSM8.
So because I let the default parameter where Nickel is automatically lauched one time in two, the pngs don't work one time in two

And even if I don't need it anymore, just for bug tracking I tried to copy the script in the system partition, following those instructions :

To copy a file from the system partition:

Quote:
select tools > explore > ... (navigate to the directory that contains the file you want to copy)
toggle between the options "open/info/delete/cp to sysmirror" and settle for "cp to sysmirror"
poke the file you want to copy
And when I toggle the options, "cp to sysmirror" never appears.

What am I doing wrong ??
Old 11-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #42
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Il worked like a charm, thank you very much tshering
I am glad it worked for you. Thank you for the feedback.

Quote:
I checked my reader and the pngs (to exit or go to koreader) just work when I launch Nickel manually from KSM8.
So because I let the default parameter where Nickel is automatically lauched one time in two, the pngs don't work one time in two
I see. I did not think of the possibility that you stayed with the default value, which is mainly a security measure for the case that the KSM applications for some reason should not work after installation.

Quote:
And even if I don't need it anymore, just for bug tracking I tried to copy the script in the system partition, following those instructions :

To copy a file from the system partition:

And when I toggle the options, "cp to sysmirror" never appears.

What am I doing wrong ??
Maybe there is a misunderstanding. the purpose of "cp to sysmirror" is to copy files (together with their full paths) from the system partition to the directory .adds/kbmenu_user/sysmirror of the user partition. Therefore, the toggle option "cp to sysmirror" is only available when you navigate to a folder that is located on the system partition. You can find an explanation with example here.

Last edited by tshering; 11-18-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:27 PM   #43
myki
Zealot

Thanks tshering to reply and your patience.

The misunderstanding is completely my fault, it was clearly indicated : "To copy a file from the system partition:". FROM !! I will open my eyes wider next time
Old 11-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #44
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
@tshering, I'd like to know if it would be possible that we can set date and time from KSM?

Now I see that if we go to "tools"->"date time", we don't have option to set date/time there. At first I thought we could do that there, but at the moment we can't. Do you plan to enable that in future?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #45
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
@tshering, I'd like to know if it would be possible that we can set date and time from KSM?

Now I see that if we go to "tools"->"date time", we don't have option to set date/time there. At first I thought we could do that there, but at the moment we can't. Do you plan to enable that in future?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Is there any script/program that I can use to set up date/time/timezone and that can be incorporated into Start Menu?
To set these is the only reason for me to go back to Nickel from time to time...
Should be possible. I will have a look at setting the timezone tonight or tomorrow. Since setting date and time needs more work since there are several values to be set by the user, I will try to do it maybe some days later.
This quote is from June 2012. I guess these "some days later" will never come.

As for setting the time zone, there are further options: (home) "user scripts" > "tests" > "datetime_tests". Their purpose is give some examples as how to modify the scripts according to needs. You find the scripts in .adds\kbmenu_user\scripts\tests\datetime_tests.