Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
sayyeah
sayyeah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch stuck at Diags page

Hi all,

I just put all the jailbreak files into the Kindle and restart my KT. Once rebooted, I press Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags and then accidentally press Fastboot bundle install....

After press Fast boot bundle install, then screen has no longer respond my press, it just stuck at the diags screen, can't turn it off, can't find the USB drive on Windows and no respond to me.

What can I do now?
sayyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyeah View Post
... accidentally press Fastboot bundle install.... What can I do now?
You can boot to other modes by using MfgTool (from the "select boot" thread linked in the "simple debricking" sticky).

You can change the bootmode from fastboot to main using the fastboot tool, or you can change the bootmode from a diags SSH prompt or RUNME.sh script (idme -d --bootmode main). Both methods are documented in the "simple debricking" sticky.

There is no need to start a new thread. You should have added it to the "simple debricking" sticky thread. For that matter, you would not have needed to ask for this help if you followed the instructions in that thread first.

Please read this link: http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

Then go read the "simple debricking" sticky thread at the top of this forum (including the linked threads and other references).

Then if you have questions, post them in that thread (not here). You will understand our answers if you do your "homework" first, but the information is complete enough that you will probably not have any questions after you do your homework. The number of downloads of forensic image files is far larger than the successful debricking reports, indication that MANY people successfully debricked their kindles on their own using the information that we provide here, without needing to ask additional questions. You can do successfully fix your kindle yourself too. Just follow the instructions that we provided.

We are glad to help unusual cases where those instructions are not enough, but please do not waste our limited and valuable time by asking "Frequently Asked Questions" that have been answered many times.

But especially, we do not need new threads for old "worn-out" topics.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
sayyeah
sayyeah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You can boot to other modes by using MfgTool (from the "select boot" thread linked in the "simple debricking" sticky).

You can change the bootmode from fastboot to main using the fastboot tool, or you can change the bootmode from a diags SSH prompt or RUNME.sh script (idme -d --bootmode main). Both methods are documented in the "simple debricking" sticky.

There is no need to start a new thread. You should have added it to the "simple debricking" sticky thread. For that matter, you would not have needed to ask for this help if you followed the instructions in that thread first.

Please read this link: http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

Then go read the "simple debricking" sticky thread at the top of this forum (including the linked threads and other references).

Then if you have questions, post them in that thread (not here). You will understand our answers if you do your "homework" first, but the information is complete enough that you will probably not have any questions after you do your homework. The number of downloads of forensic image files is far larger than the successful debricking reports, indication that MANY people successfully debricked their kindles on their own using the information that we provide here, without needing to ask additional questions. You can do successfully fix your kindle yourself too. Just follow the instructions that we provided.

We are glad to help unusual cases where those instructions are not enough, but please do not waste our limited and valuable time by asking "Frequently Asked Questions" that have been answered many times.

But especially, we do not need new threads for old "worn-out" topics.

Hi Geekmaster,

I try to use the mfgtool on Win 7, however, it said, please connect device. I found that Windows 7 couldn't find my kindle even I followed the Magic Key steps. The windows 7 can't recognize the KT as well as its USB storage. Seems the KT is totally turned to a brick.

sayyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Windows fastboot needs the libusb drivers installed correctly, using instructions and links provided in the debricking threads. Fastboot mode does not change what is on the screen. It only changes the USB VID/PID that a usb utility (or device manager) would show you.

There is no such thing as "totally turned to a brick" unless you have a serious HARDWARE failure. You would know this if you read the stuff I told you to read. Go read it. All of it. Including the linked threads. Do it. Do it now, before you are tempted to ask another frequently asked (and answered) question. Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote