Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
racmitch
racmitch began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
A little insight for a noob

Hi folks, noob to the e-book/kindle publishing world and I have a few questions, if you don't mind. First I hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not I apologize up front.

I was given the project by my company to take a paper back book we have published and format it for kindle. I found the "guide" from kindle on the basics of doing this and for the most part I get the jist of how it works (web developer by profession) i have the entire book in a word doc format and i have 2 starting questions for you all.
1.It states in the "guide" that bullet points from word will not "follow" into the kindle format? Is there a "work around for this?
2.Is there such a thing as a "kindle simulator" that i can down load onto my computer to see how my book will "layout" once it's live?
I do some mobile development for web sites and iphone and androids have simulators for one's computer.

Any links to sites that maybe useful would be greatly appreciated if the answers are to lengthy...lol...

Thanks in advance you helping a noob find his way
racmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by racmitch View Post
2.Is there such a thing as a "kindle simulator" that i can down load onto my computer to see how my book will "layout" once it's live?
Kindle Previewer should give you what you want. You can set it to "replicate" various Kindle devices and apps...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000765261
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Here is some help finding your way. You posted this in a forum devoted to help for people generating free eBook uploads for download by other users. They must be public domain or creative commons licensed. Is this what you intend to do with this ebook? If not you should have posted this in a more appropriate forum such as one devoted to MOBI (A kindle format).
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote