Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
jbreality
jbreality began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
Kobo Bricked?

I just bought the wifi Kobo from Borders earlier today. I set up Calibre with it and load a few RSS feeds on it, seemed to work okay. Then I tried to load a few epub books I have and next thing I know is it's stuck on the Kobo Ereading: anything. anyplace. screen for over 2 hours. The bottom bar moves but nothing happens.

It also won't mount to either of my 3 PC's, or my Mac

At this point I start to do some research and try to get it into upgrade mode. I do the hard reset then push the center button as well as the center button plus menu button and when I do that the bottom bars freeze at 5 bars of the eReading:.... screen instead of a full load, but it still won't mount to any computer and the CTRL/CMD - Shit - U feature does nothing.
jbreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Is it charged? Weird things happen when it runs out of juice. Try using a different USB port (and maybe a different USB cable), just in case.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Did you try just sticking a paper clip into the back?

I suppose you probably meant a "F" in shift?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
You have to mail it in. My desktop app just attempted to update the Kobo Wifi and now I'm having the same problem you are. I called in and they told me I have to mail it back. This really shouldn't be a big deal. We should be able to completely reset the device ourselves so this doesn't happen.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
I just wanted to point out that I just got my Kobo back and it is still broken. I called back in and they have promised a new one. Still waiting in the shipping box. Been about three weeks.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert