Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Using Search & Replace with Identifiers field

I thought I had done this once before but I'm beginning to think I was smoking some serious crack that day.

In the Identifiers field I have a large number of books that show uri:http|(whatever the address is) and I have a large number that show url:http|(whatever the address is) I want to change all of the http addresses listed as uri's to be listed as url's. I thought I had done this with Search & Replace but for the life of me I can't figure out how. Is this possible or am I doomed to fixing all 740 of them by hand?
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I see what you mean, but the uri links seem to work okay?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I didn't know you could do this, but I just played and found out how. On the search and replace tab, do the following"

- Select "identifiers" as the "Search field"
- Select "Regular Expression" for the Search mode
- Select "uri" in the first "Identifier type"
- Select "identifiers" as the "Search field" and the "Destination field"
- Enter "url" in the second identifier type

I left everything else alone and press OK and the changes were made.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I didn't know you could do this, but I just played and found out how. On the search and replace tab, do the following"

I tried that and it didn't show up in the text box so I didn't press ok
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I tried that and it didn't show up in the text box so I didn't press ok
I saw that to. I took a copy of the ids for two books in case it didn't work. But it did.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I see what you mean, but the uri links seem to work okay?

Helen
Technically, yes, the links are fine but FanFictionDownloader doesn't recognize the uri identifier links as valid urls. Although JimmXinu did just provide me with a new version that will recognize both uri and url identifiers as valid urls.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Actually what that does is add a second identifier under url in that field. ie:

You start out with the following in the identifier field:
uri:http|//www.archiveofourown.org/works/154933/

Run through the steps you outlined above and you end up with:
uri:http|//www.archiveofourown.org/works/154933/, url:http|//www.archiveofourown.org/works/154933/

Technically this does get the job done for me as it now has the url identifier and the FFDL plugin will recognize it. Unfortunately I'm OCD enough that having both in there bugs the hell out of me. Thankfully I found excellent directions from Chaley here: A Way To Mass Delete IDs on how to get rid of the identifiers I don't want.

Thanks for the help though!