Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
LilCube
LilCube began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Question K3 not being recognized by my laptop

Good news...I received my K3 today...bad news my laptop doesn't recognize it. I've restarted my kindle twice. Restarted my computer, tried different usb ports. Nada, zilch, nothing. Advice would be appreciated. For the record my K2, which I no longer have, worked fine as of Saturday.
LilCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
PC or Mac, OS version, laptop manufacturer if PC. Need more details, not much to go on.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
LilCube

PC, Vista, Dell
Old 08-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

First of all, did you register it first?

I'm not having any problems using Vista Ultimate on my HP notebook. Same for my wife.

Since you've rebooted your PC, reset your Kindle, and your K2 worked fine, I'd contact Kindle CS. Your K3 may be defective. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
LilCube

It has indeed been registered...I guess CS will be getting a call...thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
LilCube

Hmm, never mind. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it now magically works...Yay me!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear that everything's working OK!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
There have been many reports of Windows machines that refuse to recognize a Kindle on the first attempt. Unplugging the Kindle and then doing exactly the same procedure then works. Who knows why?

So - if your Windows box/laptop doesn't recognize your Kindle on the first try - do not despair - unplug everything and try again!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #9
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
If you dig into the old threads you will see that the K2 had similar issues. Same solution worked with it too.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote