Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #1
yummygummy
yummygummy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Kobo WiFi having problems

My Kobo is not being recognized by Windows properly and only shows up as a blank drive with the name KOBOEREADER. I have only loaded books through Calibre and havent attempted any of the "hacks" found in the wiki on my device. Can anyone help pls?
---Edit---
I think I found the problem...but i need a "image" of the sd card inside my Kobo apparently.
Does anyone have an image of their SD card they can zap over to me? Any help is greatly appreciated
---Edit2---
I pulled apart my Kobo and plugged the SD card into the computer, and the KoboeReader partition was completely empty. Has anyone else had these symptoms before?

Last edited by yummygummy; 01-01-2014 at 05:40 AM.
yummygummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It sounds as if you are going to need to do a factory reset to restore the visible partition.

Not absolutely certain but I seem to remember that holding in the home button while powering on the Kobo triggers a factory reset on a Kobo Wifi.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1612872

You might want to give this a try.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 01-01-2014 at 11:26 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
yummygummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It sounds as if you are going to need to do a factory reset to restore the visible partition.

Not absolutely certain but I seem to remember that holding in the home button while powering on the Kobo triggers a factory reset on a Kobo Wifi.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1612872

You might want to give this a try.

Regards,
David
No luck...It looks like it goes through the process of performing a factory reset, but there's no change.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You should check the posts in the Developer's Corner for an image file and the instructions to write the image onto a uSD card.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209122

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-01-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
yummygummy

Alright, thanks for your help
Advert