Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
ordonez31
ordonez31 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Sleep mode cover size

Hi,

Did someone sucess to have covers (on sleep mode) fullscreen?
For me, i have large marges on the left and right. Is there a config file to edit for this?

I think it depend to the cover size of the book but i try many formats and there's always the marges (and i wouldn't like to edit all my ebooks...).

Thanks!
ordonez31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For epubs, the cover is the first page of the book. If you open the book and look at the first page and there is space on either side of the actual cover image, then that is how they will be displayed anywhere a cover for the book is displayed.

If you are a calibre user, you can send the covers with the books. If you select the "Upload covers for books" option, the covers will be created on the device as the appropriate size to fill the screen. This might stretch the image. My Kobo Utilities plugin can replace the covers for books already on the device,
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
ordonez31

I try, with Kobo utilities in Calibre, the covers are fullscreen when i open it. But, in sleep mode, there's always these marges...
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordonez31 View Post
I try, with Kobo utilities in Calibre, the covers are fullscreen when i open it. But, in sleep mode, there's always these marges...
Have you also gone to Kobo Settings - Light, sleep & power and checked the box Show book covers full screen?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
ordonez31

Yes.
I see now my covers during sleep mode are "default" kobo style (no images, just the title and the author...)
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Do a power off and on. This will force the device to reload covers from the driver or regenerate them from the books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote