Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #31
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi Rubén

It's looking great on ADE 1.7 and my Kobo Glo. Thanks again.

Sigil and Calibre show a faulty display (top half of the bird) and with calibre, it seems we can't change font size. Tricky bird...

Last edited by roger64; 06-23-2013 at 01:04 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #32
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Congratulations! It works and I have copied into a file I keep of such examples when I need to do something like this.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #33
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Hi Rubén

It's looking great on ADE 1.7 and my Kobo Glo. Thanks again.

Sigil and Calibre show a faulty display (top half of the bird) and with calibre, it seems we can't change font size. Tricky bird...
Hi Roger;

You're welcome Yes, I'm aware how the .epub looks in Sigil and Calibre, ugly This is a solution for readers based on ADE; you can use the previous method (it's simpler) with the image in two parts.

The best for you.
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Congratulations! It works and I have copied into a file I keep of such examples when I need to do something like this.
It's good to know that works fine in your Sony Reader

Last edited by RbnJrg; 06-23-2013 at 04:40 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:38 AM   #35
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I felt this strong compulsion to Necro-post!

RbnJrg said on 23 June 2013:
Quote:
Still I couldn't find a solution (for ADE, in Kindle there is no problem) for the inverse case, when the small box is the first one. ADE has bugs with the float property and I couldn't find a workaround so far.
Has anyone ever found a solution to float an L-shaped image when the narrow part is at the top? The text always runs across the top narrow part of the L, but the "cross-piece" is fine.

I have several dozen such images, which won't crop nicely to a simple rectangle, and if I leave them as they are, there will be acres of white-space (they are at least 3/4 screen height).

Does anyone have any ideas?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #36
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Has anyone ever found a solution to float an L-shaped image when the narrow part is at the top? The text always runs across the top narrow part of the L, but the "cross-piece" is fine.
Hi GrannyGrump, did you ever get a solution for this? (your book output is high enough that checking all your books for such images is daunting haha)
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:51 AM   #37
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, sadly I never learn a good solution.

The only thing I could ever come up with was to edit the images themselves.

For *some* images, to surgically separate them into two.
But not too many lend themselves to that.

Some images can also be edited to add some kind of leafage or cross-hatching or some other "background-like" filler, so that it doesn't glare so very whitely.

Otherwise, I just have that big white-space hanging there.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:34 AM   #38
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Nope, sadly I never learn a good solution.

The only thing I could ever come up with was to edit the images themselves
Well, in the future when support in ebooks becomes better, you'll be able to use CSS Shapes:

https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutori...tting-started/
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...es_From_Images
https://css-tricks.com/almanac/prope...shape-outside/

Or if you like video:

Obliterate Boxiness with CSS Shapes

This'll allows you to define any arbitrary shapes and have the text reflow (and if I remember correctly, even allowing an images shape to be based on the Alpha channel).

It's already supported on most browsers besides IE/Edge... but support in ebook readers? Not sure.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 10-18-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #39
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Well, that would be something to look forward to!

Too bad the evolution of all these various useful CSS features for epub is so glacially slow. Devices might be able to use them along around 2029...