Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
mblevitt
mblevitt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
books won't download to voyage

I have a Voyage.* I purchased a couple of books yesterday and they started to download to my Voyage.* Each was grayed out and indicated it was "queued" like normal. However, it would then say "error" and the book would disappear.* I also am not able to download any of my books from the cloud. This also happened with articles I tried to save from the web with send to kindle.* I was able to receive a kindle digest last night from instapaper, but nothing else, so my wifi is working.* I tried restarting and deregistering, and my software is up to date. So far tech support has not been able to help me.* Any thoughts?* I would prefer to not restore to factory settings as I have a large number of articles and digests saved.* Thanks.

Last edited by mblevitt; 12-13-2018 at 11:42 AM.
mblevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Perhaps your device is low on storage. If you are running relatively recent firmware you can check by going to Settings -> Device Options -> Advanced Options -> Storage Management. The amount of free storage will be shown at the top of the screen.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
mblevitt
mblevitt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Thanks. I have 1.71 GB of 3.04 available.
mblevitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblevitt View Post
Thanks. I have 1.71 GB of 3.04 available.
Sorry, I don't have any other ideas.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have similar issue with my Oasis and Paperwhite. It will show downloading on home screen but not show in library under ALL or DOWNLOADED I had 200 books get removed from my oasis out of the blue and I had to re download them.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
mblevitt: What happens if you sideload your books? Go to Content and Devices in your Kindle account, click the square with the little dots at the left of a book title, choose 'Transfer via usb'. Download to your computer then transfer via usb to your document folder.

If this works, there's something wrong with the wireless transfer.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Amazon has been having a lot of "server" problems lately.

Trying BookCat's suggestion of USB transfer is probably worth trying.

Also trying free samples of popular books might help tell whether the problem is with particular books, at least others can try those books to see if they work.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #8
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Also, don't forget the IT support person's favourite phrase - "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #9
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblevitt View Post
I have a Voyage.* I purchased a couple of books yesterday and they started to download to my Voyage.* Each was grayed out and indicated it was "queued" like normal. However, it would then say "error" and the book would disappear.* I also am not able to download any of my books from the cloud. This also happened with articles I tried to save from the web with send to kindle.* I was able to receive a kindle digest last night from instapaper, but nothing else, so my wifi is working.* I tried restarting and deregistering, and my software is up to date. So far tech support has not been able to help me.* Any thoughts?* I would prefer to not restore to factory settings as I have a large number of articles and digests saved.* Thanks.
First try and reboot your wifi router. Pull the plug and wait 10-15 seconds and put the plug back in and wait for everything to start up again. Connect to the wifi and try downloading. If this doesn't work, then try and connect to another wifi at either a friends, the library, mcd's wherever and see if you can download.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote