Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
melw
melw began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Cy book clones

I buy books from Fictionwise and get regaler updates from them.
So today I get a email from them and it is a add for a new ereader called the eslick.
Here is the link,
http://www.fictionwise.com/hardware/eslick/landing.htm
Well it looks a lot like my Cybook! That made me say Hummm.
Then I start reading the specs. It supports, eReader PDB, ePub, PDF, TXT, Any printable document (after converted to eReader PDB format with eReader eBook Studio tool or to PDF using included software)
From the fictionwise page.
They do have some nice looking cases for it I may have to get one as the case for my Cybook has had the corners worn through to the core.
So I wonder if Cybook is supplying this?
What do you guys think?
Mel W.
melw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Absolutely no mystery.

The CyBook is a Netronix EB600, for which Bookeen write their own firmware.
The eSlick is also a Netronix EB600. I don't know if they are writing their own firmware, or using the standard Netronix version.

There are lots of other EB600's out there too, eg the Cool-ER and a few others whose names escape me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by melw View Post
I buy books from Fictionwise and get regaler updates from them.
So today I get a email from them and it is a add for a new ereader called the eslick.
Here is the link,
http://www.fictionwise.com/hardware/eslick/landing.htm
Well it looks a lot like my Cybook! That made me say Hummm.
Then I start reading the specs. It supports, eReader PDB, ePub, PDF, TXT, Any printable document (after converted to eReader PDB format with eReader eBook Studio tool or to PDF using included software)
From the fictionwise page.
They do have some nice looking cases for it I may have to get one as the case for my Cybook has had the corners worn through to the core.
So I wonder if Cybook is supplying this?
What do you guys think?
Mel W.
Case my fit indead. As HarrryT said, they kind of the same.
If you're looking for case, bookeen website, or noreve.com. Maybe pocketbook have some that would fit too.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Maybe pocketbook have some that would fit too.
Good point. The Pocketbook 301 is yet another EB600-based device. Again, though, as with Bookeen, Pocketbook write their own firmware.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
melw
melw began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Case my fit indead. As HarrryT said, they kind of the same.
If you're looking for case, bookeen website, or noreve.com. Maybe pocketbook have some that would fit too.
I have been disappointed in the cover from bookeen in more ways then how fast it has worn out the corners. The magnets that hold it closed have been lose from day one. I open the case to read and have to push the magnet back in place. Or it wont stay closed.
Thanks for the info about Netronix EB600 I will have a look for there web site.
Mel W.
melw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just to clarify: Netronix don't sell machines to the general public. They manufacture the hardware, which other companies (such as Bookeen, eSlick, etc) buy and add their own logo, and perhaps their own firmware, too.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by melw View Post
The magnets that hold it closed have been lose from day one.
You should have asked for a replacement. I have two of these, while corners got a bit worn after time, they still hold together no problem.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Absolutely no mystery.

The CyBook is a Netronix EB600, for which Bookeen write their own firmware.
They seem to have forgotten the bit about releasing it though.

Last edited by Conor; 12-13-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote