Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #16
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't convert AZW3 to ePub. That's not the best way to go from AZW3 to ePub. The way to do it is...

Install the KindleUnpack plugin. That will allow you to shift the files from the AZW3 to ePub. Then use epubcheck to check the ePub and fix any errors that are found. Then you have an ePub you can use as you want.

Sorry, but I don't have a clue. I'm using a plug-in to convert. Is this KindleUnpack a different plug-in?

I don't know what epubcheck is, but if I have to spend time checking and correcting a conversion, the benefit of buying from Amazon at a sale price is lost, and I'll stick to purchasing epubs and avoid the hassle.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:11 AM   #17
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I've had the same problem.

I can find the chapters in my other metadata editor, but I can't find them in my usual reader.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2015, 04:31 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I've had the same problem.

I can find the chapters in my other metadata editor, but I can't find them in my usual reader.
This is a thread from two and a half years ago. You won't be having the same problem, although you might have similar symptoms.

If you want to get your new problem sorted out, I recommend starting a new thread.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote