Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #1
VinceG
VinceG began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Import My Library many folders.

Hi People, hope someone can help, and this is my first post, hope I haven't missed this question before.

I have my library of books in separate folders on my hard drive, now I love the look of calibre and wanted to import my books to it, and start using calibre instead of my manual searching for books.

However, I have just gone to add a book and it would only let me add one at a time, I couldn't see a import books from a folder selection.

I have a number of books in my library and to do them all manually one by one would take me ages.

Anyone know how to do this in calibre? Import many books at once from folders.

For example... here is how they are on my HDD

My Library...
.... Author 1
----------- First book
----------- Second Book

--- Author2
----------- First Book
----------- Second Book

Any help would be really appreciated.
VinceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Click the little down-pointing triangle next to the button. You will be presented with several choices, one of which should work for you. I don't know from your description whether you want 'one book per directory' or 'multiple books per directory'. That depends on whether you have OPF and cover information. My guess is that you don't, so it is probably 'multiple books'.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
VinceG
VinceG began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Brilliant, thanks for that, importing them now.
VinceG is offline   Reply With Quote