Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #31
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Nothing to be embarrassed about...poor vision isn't a character flaw. My vision has been poor my whole life.
The thing is poor vision has nothing to do with it. I do wear reading glasses, but with them on I could read at 2-6 just fine (tried it now to be sure). I can read most small labels at the grocery store. Admittedly there are some....

The thing is I don't want to. I like the bigger font, and 7 is just preference, although I'm sure it's also why the extra screen size of the Oasis 2 means so much to me.
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:07 AM   #32
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
What is your preferred font size, and distance of ereader to eyes?
Font sizes and faces could be subject to preference, but not the distance of the ereader, I think. If the distance is less than a foot, you should adjust your reading posture and habits.

Anyway, font sizes and font faces are adjustable with file formats like epub, mobi, rtf, txt, etc. but not with pdf or djvu, but most of my reading material consists of pdf and djvu. As I am getting older and the eyes are getting weaker, I am considering an ereader with 10" screen or bigger.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #33
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Font sizes and faces could be subject to preference, but not the distance of the ereader, I think. If the distance is less than a foot, you should adjust your reading posture and habits.
Why shouldn't people read at less than a foot if that is what they prefer?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #34
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
On my Oasis I use the first font. I forgot the name, but it's an Amazon Kindle font that's very readable. Not the bold one.
I also use the smallest margins and line spacing.

On my Paperwhite, I vaguely remember reading on font 5, or so... On the Oasis 2, it's closer to font 4. But I prefer to go smaller than that.
With other font types (like times new Roman-types), I prefer 3 to 4.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 AM   #35
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Why shouldn't people read at less than a foot if that is what they prefer?
It gets on the eyes. In less than a decade they'd be reading at an inch - out of necessity, not out of preference.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #36
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
It gets on the eyes. In less than a decade they'd be reading at an inch - out of necessity, not out of preference.
That’s a myth.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Anyway, font sizes and font faces are adjustable with file formats like epub, mobi, rtf, txt, etc. but not with pdf or djvu, but most of my reading material consists of pdf and djvu. As I am getting older and the eyes are getting weaker, I am considering an ereader with 10" screen or bigger.
If you know your eyes are getting weaker, either get to the eye doctor or get some reading glasses.
There is nothing wrong with needing to wear glasses.
Oh and when books get to within 3 inches of my nose it is time for new glasses.
Also, sitting on the couch, it is exactly 1 foot from my nose to my knee which helps support the reader. I want to be comfortable not extend my arm because some guy on the internet says the way I read is bad for me. Especially since the guy just ups the font rather than seeing if there is a medical problem with his eyes.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #38
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
I call male bovine excrement. Oh I remember that line.
It was on a website that said "get rid of your glasses and improve your eyesight naturally."

Note: the website founder wasn't even an optometrist or even one that sold glasses.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote