Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
recovery image

since i haven't seen any recover images available yet for the sony prs-t2, and my unit is in the mail, the first thing i probably should do is image it. has anyone tried the prst1 boot recovery image/mode on the prst2 yet to make the image?

Last edited by Zorac; 08-27-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
.marine
.marine began at the beginning.

could you please make an image of your device? i really need it because my device is bricked ;(
.marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Zorac

Why would one use T1 image when T2 backup/recovery was created for this purpose?

.marine

Image of the device should not be shared - since it contains serial number, MAC addres (and other information) specific for the device...

Last edited by rupor; 11-13-2012 at 05:37 PM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

rupor,

old post. that was before the t2 had its own tools. ive moved well on from there, backed up, restore images, and running the latest AMR.

.marine

try here for recovery images:
http://translate.google.com/translat...9033407edfed24
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
.marine

Could not apply "SD Card Restore - The recovery package via SD card". Because computer does not recognizes the reader. Only by pressing HOME+OPTIONS I go into recovery mode and then Windows see 2 devices (Serial Gadget and one more) plus unformatted disk.

flash_reader.bat doesn't work because it cannot detect reader's drive. It constantly asks me for a drive letter of the reader and I'm not sure it is fine to point flash_reader.bat to an entire reader's drive (with all its partitions).

Recovery hung reader
When I follow these steps the reader do:
1. opening book till 100%
2. then it empties a bar and starts to fill it again till 100%
3. then reboots
4. go to step 1.

Also Installation without MS Windows cant also be applied as I cannot mount the device.

------

Can I put original PRS-T2 Updater.package (from official Sony update package) to internal memory of the device via LinuxReader and then try steps from Installation without MS Windows? What do you think?

Last edited by .marine; 11-14-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorac View Post
dear Marine, How did you brick the device, rooting ?
Dear Zorac,is the link published a more easy going procedure for doing root?(I think so looks obvious, but please confirm if you can)
Second in this post Boroda suggest to use:

Root with minimal Zeam Launcher for us, EU and RU models (includes FBReader, AlReader, and a version of Cool Reader 3.0.57-15-6 Jotas)

but this version in a link refered in the same post by Boroda looks outdated, as he refers to a rupor update:

"I recommend using the absolute minimum packages root of rupor, published in this topic . Список пакетов, приведенный ниже (кроме восстановительных), считать устаревшим. Package list below (except for replacement), considered obsolete.
"

So in simple words:
if I follow the root procedure as in the post you published, I should use the rupor or the link indicated in the post? ( namely Root with minimal Zeam Launcher for us, EU and RU models (includes FBReader, AlReader, and a version of Cool Reader 3.0.57-15-6 Jotas) that is different by the rupor one)

Another little question, the post does not recommend to use update from Sony after.. there is not risk that after updated the root, an official update it will be processed automatically, as it happens already to me?
thank you

Last edited by trocchietto; 11-14-2012 at 05:12 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
.marine

>> dear Marine, How did you brick the device, rooting ?

That was occurred after flashing an European firmware (1.0.03.09110) over Japanese one (1.0.01.09110). (I see Opening Book after switching on and after 100% it freezes).
Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
From what you are saying it looks like you are able to boot into recovery CD. If so - you need to get into terminal and start recovering partitions one by one - starting with the system partition. And you need images from Japanese version - not the whole dump, just images of several partitions (system, data...). The problem - nobody have them, you've seen my posts on the-ebook.org. This is why I suggest people start from backup from the beginning
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
.marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupor View Post
From what you are saying it looks like you are able to boot into recovery CD. If so - you need to get into terminal and start recovering partitions one by one - starting with the system partition. And you need images from Japanese version - not the whole dump, just images of several partitions (system, data...). The problem - nobody have them, you've seen my posts on the-ebook.org. This is why I suggest people start from backup from the beginning
anyways, is it possible to reflash it into EU f\w? i dont need JA one
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by .marine View Post
>> dear Marine, How did you brick the device, rooting ?

That was occurred after flashing an European firmware (1.0.03.09110) over Japanese one (1.0.01.09110). (I see Opening Book after switching on and after 100% it freezes).
thank you, good luck
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by .marine View Post
That was occurred after flashing an European firmware (1.0.03.09110) over Japanese one (1.0.01.09110).
This, actually, should have been rejected by the T2.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
This, actually, should have been rejected by the T2.
I presume the fella flashed European recovery package on the Japanese unit. So, it wasn't a firmware installation per se, but simply an attempt to "de-Japanese" a Japanese PRS-T2. Now he is asking for a recovery package to get his Japanese functionality back. He should have done a full backup first, shouldn't he?

I told him (on the-ebook.org, where he is also posting the same pleas) that he needs to ask some Japanese friends (wherever he got his PRS-T2 from) to make a partition dump for him. Or restore a full backup image of another T2, if he can find one.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
ppoppo
ppoppo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
I presume the fella flashed European recovery package on the Japanese unit. So, it wasn't a firmware installation per se, but simply an attempt to "de-Japanese" a Japanese PRS-T2. Now he is asking for a recovery package to get his Japanese functionality back. He should have done a full backup first, shouldn't he?
Hi porkupan,
Is it possible to update FW from a Japanese PRS-T2 to US one.
I need the English interface.
Thanks.
ppoppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #14
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
ppoppo, I'd like to ask you to provide some Info and ID information from the Japanese device by using this tool (copy the OS Firmware folder to your SD card and call flash_reader on your PC; it will write Info.img and Id.img on your SD card, zip or rar these files.

Your help will be appreciated.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote