Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
PiTRiS
PiTRiS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kindle collections

Hello,
I've seen FAQ and there is note, that you cant manipulate kindle collections via USB... but actually there is way - all collection info is stored in collectioon.json, which can be manipulated easily - you see, there is even web application to create kindle collections - http://www.accwebworks.com/kindle

so couldnt it be done, that calibre would fetch collection info, you'd change it and it would rewrite original collection file with newly generated one?
PiTRiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead...

If you read all of the information on that page you referenced would see down the bottom that it does *not* apply to the Kindle Touch or Fire modes, only Kindle 2, Kindle 3, and the entry level Kindle 4 Non-Touch.

Your profile says you have a "Kindle 4" - so if it is the non-touch model then you can get the "Kindle Collections" plugin for calibre, which you can see in the plugins subforum.

The FAQ I think you are referring to (the official calibre one) refers to the fact that collections cannot be managed on *any* Kindle in quite the same way that they can on other devices like a Sony. The plugin I mentioned above is a great workaround for the Kindle models that it supports, but Kindle Touch/Fire owners are without a calibre based option.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
PiTRiS
PiTRiS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
oh thank you... i was wondering if there isnt already a plugin, but couldnt find one... thank you for pointing me in the right direction
PiTRiS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection, kindle