Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
saefuob
saefuob began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Completely Automatic Download of Metadata?

I am using the latest version of Calibre 0.8.41.
One of the features I am very impressed with is it's ability to download metadata and covers automatically (almost)

I have large collections of ebooks over the years that I am importing into calibre.
The download process of metadata and covers automatically will search the web and download the information 100 books at a time. (per job)

Unfortanetely it waits for human input to apply the metadata to the library after it downloads it.
Does anyone know how to bypass the human acknowledgment so it just downloads and applies it automatically?

Thanks
saefuob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by saefuob View Post
I am using the latest version of Calibre 0.8.41.
One of the features I am very impressed with is it's ability to download metadata and covers automatically (almost)

I have large collections of ebooks over the years that I am importing into calibre.
The download process of metadata and covers automatically will search the web and download the information 100 books at a time. (per job)

Unfortanetely it waits for human input to apply the metadata to the library after it downloads it.
Does anyone know how to bypass the human acknowledgment so it just downloads and applies it automatically?

Thanks
Add from ISBN (an empty book) does (attempt) download metadata.

Be kind to the FREE servers and only do no more than 100 at a time.
Giving it a rest. At some point we will just get banned (has happened) if we abuse the service.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
allison1
allison1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I don't think that's what is being asked. The question is, can we disable the little checkbox that asks about updating the metadata in our library.

I'd be perfectly happy to have a delay built in between jobs, if I didn't have to babysit it to click the box every 5 minutes.
allison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There are technical reasons why it is done that way, it is a question asked and answered several times previously such as here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144750
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote