Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
PRS600 unable to authorise on ADE

Hi there I am trying to get my Touch authorised by ADE but when I plug the reader into the computer ADE doesnt recognise the reader. I have authorised my computer and that has been recognised ok. Anyone with any ideas??

On a seperate note when Im in Calibre adjusting the Meta data etc my whole computer seems to run at dial up speed even though I dont have anything else open. Would that just be my computer, which seems to work fine when Calibre isnt open, or is Calibre pretty slow and just have to be endured
Thanks Mike
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #2
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
i read on a forum post here that if you keep sony's software open then ADE recognizes the reader too. Also you need the latest version 3 of sony's software.
In my case when I had sony's software open and then ran ADE it recognized the device right away.
-this might only be necessary the first time thru, once ADE has authorized the device, you may not need sony's software to be open anymore. havent tried that yet but i'm guessing.
-you'll need to close calibre before you open sony's software since i dont believe they're supposed to run at the same time.
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You do indeed need to be running the Sony eBook Library software in order to authorise the Reader in ADE.

It's not entirely true to say that EBL and Calibre are incompatible; you simply must not allow them both the write to the Reader in the same session.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Thanks for that . I am currently running the 2.5V as the latest sony version wouldnt open on my computer so would that mean that I couldnt authorise the touch with ADE?
I have seen another thread whereby someone gave a list of programs to delete before reloading the latest version would I need to do that?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
just_kev
just_kev began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I found the process of Buying my first book a bit confusing but got through it in the end. ADE installed OK and could find the PRS600 without having to have the ELibrary running. But I was also on version 3 software.

Whe ADE ran for the first time it found all the books I had so far in the Sony Library and imported them all. But now they are both out of sync again.

Pity that the Sony Library couldn't do the DRM without ADE at all.

While I am enjoying being a PRS600 owner, it all seems a very long way behind Apple and Ipods and Itunes and Istores etc.

Kev
just_kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
Kiwimick
Addict

Well Im going to try the suggestions above and that delete thread to see if I can sort something. The worst that can happen is I get horribly frustrated and kick my computer and break my foot!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have no idea what people are doing to their Windows systems to cause eBook Library 3.x to not work. I've installed it on Windows XP (two different computers), Vista, & Windows 7 (beta and release) and there has been no problems at all. I've not had a problem with UAC, DEP, or anything else.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
Kiwimick
Addict

Beats me as well. I dont do anything to it as im a bit to long in the tooth to be computer literate so it could be the daughters who always seem to be putting programs on there. Still it loaded ok and said that it had been installed but just wouldnt open when i clicked on it. Hopefully whaty i do tonight cures it
Old 11-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Beats me as well. I dont do anything to it as im a bit to long in the tooth to be computer literate so it could be the daughters who always seem to be putting programs on there. Still it loaded ok and said that it had been installed but just wouldnt open when i clicked on it. Hopefully whaty i do tonight cures it
btw the sony "live chat" help has been responsive; i've tried them a couple of times with questions and there's always someone who responds within a few seconds. The live chat link is on the left side here:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...l=PRS600&LOC=3
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
If I recall correctly,authorizing ADE used to be sep ,and didn't necessarily require running EBL.Since you're still running 2.5,maybe you can do it that way (not that I can remember it right now....brain in bit of a fog still)....For the 600 I just got (again) I had no problems with authorizing,but I was running the current version of EBL...

Live chat can be very useful as well as frustrating,ultimately depends on the complexity of the issue you're trying to resolve...but then again,that is often the case with any tech support line....
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #11
tbaroghel
Fan of John Irving
tbaroghel began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-600
Just reviving this post as I am facing the same issue:

On my iMac, ADE does not seem to 'see' my PRS-600, although EBL is running ok and has detected the reader (actually EBL launches automatically when I plug the reader, which is something I might want to avoid later).

My take is that it could be because I installed ADE on the iMac BEFORE I installed EBL (so ADE misses the PRS-600 drivers): would someone concur? I could try to erase ADE and re-install, but I have already 'authorized' my iMac with ADE and I do not see a 'de-authorize' command: I am afraid to loose one precious count there ...

By the way, I run OS X 10.6, ADE 1.7 and EBL 3.x

Thanks in advance,

Thierry
tbaroghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
Kiwimick
Addict

[QUOTE=HarryT;655727]You do indeed need to be running the Sony eBook Library software in order to authorise the Reader in ADE.

HI its not something as simple as what Harry has said is it? I still havent sorted out the problem on my desktop which is still running EBL version 2.5 but and i dont know why I didnt try this before, but I downloaded everything again on my laptop which runs Vista ,and everything has worked so im happy.
I hope yours gets sorted