Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
AgCOtter
AgCOtter began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung SM-T 580
Color change on full screen scroll button

Good afternoon,

I am having difficulty finding the scroll button in the positioning strip on the right side of the full-screen viewer. (I am fairly certain my nomenclature is incorrect but I hope someone can make some sense out of this description.) Is it possible to change the color of that button either by some change in the program or via a plugin? I am of some knowledge Calibre wise, but I am still trying to understand what is going on ePub and Calibre wise. I am working through some CSS and Javascript, but I have a very long way to go. I did manage to make some changes to the CSS of the viewer for my computer, so I am at least familiar with that.
Thanks for your time and attention to this matter.

AgCOtter
AgCOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you mean the button that toggles between full screen and normal mode, you canchange it using the technique described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
AgCOtter

Good afternoon;

I appreciate the reference, and the "Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup" tweak sounds interesting. However, reading the instruction clearly written on the heel - "Only edit this file if you know what you are doing" - precludes much experimentation on my part. I will proceed with a great deal of caution, if at all. After looking through the "Customising calibre" page I don't think that is what I am asking about.

Once you are in full page mode there is a scroll bar on the right side of the screen. There is a button in the scroll bar that allows you to move to a different position within the book. Changing the color of the button within the scroll bar is my objective. Currently, the scroll bar is a light grey and the button is a dirty grey-white. I would like to change the button to some other color so that I can see it better.

Writing from complete ignorance on my part, I don't know if this can be done. It is of no importance to anyone but me. If it can be done I would greatly appreciate it. If it can't be done, oh well, another one shot down. I'm a big boy, and I can take rejection.

Again I say, thank you very much for your program. I get a great deal of mileage from it.

AgCOtter
Old 11-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	168009

Kovid will have to provide a definitive answer. But I suggest you don't set you hopes too high, the lower levels of the UI are furnished by a third party library - Qt.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-25-2018 at 04:17 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
AgCOtter

Yes, your image shows what I am talking about. No, I am not expecting too much time spent on the request. This is a mountain out of a molehill type thing. I was hoping there would be a quick insertion of some code, somewhere, and I can change it to a green, or blue, or whatever. But if it is a pain, it's no big thing. I will squint harder when looking at the screen, ruin my eyesight more, and pass away unable to read my last book because I can't see the scroll button. Sigh.
Advert
Old 11-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgCOtter View Post
Yes, your image shows what I am talking about. No, I am not expecting too much time spent on the request. This is a mountain out of a molehill type thing. I was hoping there would be a quick insertion of some code, somewhere, and I can change it to a green, or blue, or whatever. But if it is a pain, it's no big thing. I will squint harder when looking at the screen, ruin my eyesight more, and pass away unable to read my last book because I can't see the scroll button. Sigh.
How about telling us what operating system you use?

If Linux which one, and what desktop environment?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:22 PM   #7
AgCOtter

Ah, sorry.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.134
Intel i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16.0 GB Internal RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Calibre 3.34 (64bit)

AgCOtter
Old 11-26-2018, 12:49 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can change it using the qt stylesheet system, but it's not quite straightforward. or just use fullscreen mode in which there is no scrollbar if you turn off the option for it in the viewer preferences.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
AgCOtter

If you think it is "not quite straightforward" I will pass, thank you very much. I will just uncheck an option and move on.

thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

AgCOtter
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, OS Build 17763.134
Intel i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16.0 GB Internal RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Calibre 3.34 (64bit)

Tags
button, scrolling