Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
chrisnewton
chrisnewton began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Kobo Mini Touch screen stopped working

Hi all

I turned my mini on today and it said it needed charging, so i plugged it into my computer and tried to charge it, i came back a hour later switched it on and the touch screen will not work at all.

I have did the reset button on the back and still no joy, it comes ok ok but wont let me touch anything.

any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
chrisnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
First thing that comes to mind is that my Mini takes more than one hour to fully charged. Have you removed properly from the computer beofre unplugging it? It seems to be a common reason for corrupted databases.

Other than that, it's wiser to wait for someone more knowledgeable.

Good luck!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
chrisnewton

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
First thing that comes to mind is that my Mini takes more than one hour to fully charged. Have you removed properly from the computer beofre unplugging it? It seems to be a common reason for corrupted databases.

Other than that, it's wiser to wait for someone more knowledgeable.

Good luck!
Thanks for reply, yes i know it does take longer than an hour, but i was thinking an hours charge would be enough to keep me going for the night...if it is corrupted how can i fix that? as i cant do a factory reset as the touch screen does not work
Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To start with a fresh database, the only way I know is to log out of the account. But since the touch screen is irresponsive...
Maybe you can turn it off and complete the charge while waiting for more helpful tips, that can't do any damage
Old 04-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
chrisnewton

no your right it cant hurt can it..thanks
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
chrisnewton

thing is i cant tell if its charging, no lights on etc
Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #7
samhy
Wizard

I really have no idea how to perform a hard reset
If no one comes up with a better idea, you should contact Kobo or the shop where you bought it since the device is still under warranty (it's less than one year old).
Old 04-30-2013, 04:36 AM   #8
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'd first make sure to blow the edges of the screen out, there is a lip around the screen that can catch dust, etc. and block the IR that is projected over the screen to detect touch.

Try holding the power switch for ten to fifteen seconds then pause 5-10 secs and try switching it on. No luck, do it again then hold the reset paperclip in for 5-10 seconds. If not, then try holding it in while powering up with the switch or flicking the switch.

I'd advise plugging it in for several hours first to get a full charge before goofing around.

Last edited by TechniSol; 04-30-2013 at 04:40 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote