Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Looking for books about raising boys/brothers

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and just found out the baby is a boy. I'm happy, but surprised. I am a teacher, and have lots of experience with boys. But somehow when I thought about myself as a mom, I never thought about it being with a boy. I feel like I am still trying to wrap my head around that a little and just get used to this important (but happy) revelation.

I also have an almost six-year-old stepson whom I adore, who is with us part-time. One of the surprisingly sweetest moments of this whole thing has been his reaction. He is thrilled about the baby. He wanted to have a little brother and is happy to get his wish. I know there is an age gap here, but I am hopeful they can still have a bond together. I am a child of divorce myself and am very aware of potential jealousy issues and so on, and I think I know how to mitigate that. What I want to do is focus instead on the 'yay, a brother!' feeling he has right now hopefully build a home where this feeling is nurtured and where, age difference notwithstanding, they both feel loved, supported and part of a family. I'd love for them to be friends someday. I'd love for them to really feel like good brothers to each other.

I have some time off this summer to catch up on my reading. I'd love some book recommendations for both fiction and non-fiction relating to these topics:

- parenting, with a focus on raising boys in particular
- anything that will be useful to me as a new mother with a boy
- fiction or memoir to inspire me on the theme of mothers and sons
- or same, on the theme of brothers and brotherly bonds

Thank you!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote