Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #16
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Can't wait to see it, Kovid. Split view should work well for what I need.

Since I haven't seen it, yet, is there a way to save a view and then re-apply it later? Or have multiple split views I can choose from?
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:24 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Can't wait to see it, Kovid. Split view should work well for what I need.

Since I haven't seen it, yet, is there a way to save a view and then re-apply it later? Or have multiple split views I can choose from?
You can do that with the existing View Manager plugin (i.e. name, save and reuse), my fingers are crossed that the new Spilt View will not interfere with its operation or vice-versa.

TBH: I would like to see most of the View Manager functionality folded into the calibre core - some of its features, such as its use of Saved Searches could probably be dropped.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre remembers your split view settings (just as it does your main book list settings), but there is no way to have multiple ones, probably, as BR says the View Manager plugin could be enhanced to support that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You can do that with the existing View Manager plugin (i.e. name, save and reuse), my fingers are crossed that the new Spilt View will not interfere with its operation or vice-versa.
Hopefully it doesn't. I have tried not to change any existing APIs as much as possible. But if it does, it should be an easy fix.

Quote:
TBH: I would like to see most of the View Manager functionality folded into the calibre core - some of its features, such as its use of Saved Searches could probably be dropped.

BR
Someday, sure. But given that the plugin exists and works, I'd rather focus on doing stuff for which there are no plugins.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:06 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Recent changes to the VM plugin means it no longer works for me, so I'm using an 'old' version - hence my earlier comment

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #21
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Kovid!

The split library feature (resolution to lock column request) is in the new build and it works very well. Thank you!
Old 02-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #22
avd33
avd33 began at the beginning.

how to lock a column ?
avd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #23
CRussel
(he/him/his)

right click is your friend

Right click on the columns header and select Split the Book List
Old 02-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #24
avd33

columns are synchronized
Old 02-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #25
CRussel
(he/him/his)

The way it is implemented you can have a split view of the library. When you do so, you can arrange the split in such a way that you can view different portions of the Calibre "spreadsheet", giving you essentially a locked column effect. It's not exactly a locked column, but it provides the functionality necessary to allow you to see and set values on the right hand columns while still seeing the left hand columns (Title for example!) in the left split.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:18 PM   #26
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Also, if you install the View Manager plugin, you can create multiple pre-defined views and save them. The combination of the new feature and the existing plug-in is quite effective and will make navigating and working with Calibre noticeably better, IMO.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #27
avd33

Thanks for the answer :пальцы вверх:: Chinscratch:
Old 02-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #28
avd33

Two independent window view columns (Total Commander) ?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
The split library feature (resolution to lock column request) is in the new build and it works very well. Thank you!
You're welcome
Old 02-10-2018, 05:36 AM   #30
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Excellent addition, but I have a problem/bug with the "split column": When I reopen caliber, the split bar is reset to middle of screen (when at closing it is as shown in the picture).
Spoiler:
Closed/normal used

Forget? Bug? What can I do about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zz_nor10.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	162169  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-10-2018 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added attached image
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote